• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

'Motion for Recon' via my atty the day before he asked for removal...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racingd

'Mot 4 Recon' via my atty the day before asked for removal...(shortened)

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia and I was married for 28yrs. to a Retired Mil man of 20 yrs.

My atty filed the Final Decree, there was important info that was missed. I was to be named sole benificairy(sp) "under the Mil. Surv Benefits"-but only the mil retirement div. was put in the FD. If he dies tom I will get not a dime of the mil retire from this point on and it was ordered in court. My ex atty filed the 'MFR' back in Nov 07. The day after he asked to be removed as my counsel, and I have not heard anything from the Judge! I called numerous atty's to take my case and no one will..

My atty never brought in docs that pertained to him making more $$ then was was making. I had pay stubs stating differently, he cried poor and went Pro Se. His atty fired him - non paymt. I have doc stating he was in business w/her. Why I filed was he committed adultery. I have between them in their own words that they did have an affair-70 pages of emails and IM's . I asked for alimony due to our 28yr marriage and I am disabled w/ no possible extra earning ability.

The "M for R" does this have to be handled by an atty? Can I do this on my own? I called the judges' office to speak w/his secretary about what happens now? Well I recognized the voice it was MY JUDGE! I pretended to let him think that I did not know who I was speaking with! He said 'I remember seeing something like that that came thru the office but not sure what it was all about?' Then he asked me who was my atty-and when I told him-he practically interuppted me and said 'get another atty'!!! I just need to get some help or some sort of answer. Do I have to ask to get another court date? and if I do how do I get the legal paperwork completed after we go to court or do I just ask the judge for a reconsideration of the actions that my atty has file back in Nov 07? How long do I wait to hear something? I only have 1 yr to make sure that my name offically goes on the Mil Survivors Benefit.

My atty did not file paperwork the judge ordered 'Repayment of the loan' I had taken out-was to be paid out of the 401K on his half. My friends said that they would loan me the money to get the house out of foreclosure. Especially since the judge ordered it repaid out of the 401K. My ex told the judge, he would pay the hse + then stopped. I had 3 buyers for the hse and I ended w/1, the others skipped out after they heard the hse went under.

Please help if you can?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">