• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my brother wife is asking for spousal support and dded to the house ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concernsister

Texas

my brother married legally for 35 yrs plus and separated since 1998 in texas. when my brother moved out due to them not getting along with each other only one child was living at home age 17 yrs ,my brother went to get the papers for child support from child support dept in san antonio tx, they told him that his wife had to sign them inorder for her to receive child support , my brother was doing the honable thing as a father and man .But his wife refused to sign papers , so my brother just let it go .well a yr later my brother terminates his employment with CPS and withdraws retirement of 60 thousand and give his wife 30 thousand , she happy with that ,ok then my brother has to pay penatly for early withdraw . SO he goes to see he wife and ask her if she is paying her penalty for her half of the 60 thosand , well she yells no way buddy that is your problem , so of course my brother pay the penalty fee of 6000. or 9000. thousands it took 5 yrs to pay it off montly with intrest . Iam not really sure about exact amount , He had to pay her half of penalty of her receiving the 30 thosand .My brother had told his wife from the beganing she can have all the house for herself as long as she signed the divorce papers , which when the time came in 2005 she again said that she wasnt never giving him a divorce . Ok so my brother just drops the divorce instead of dealing with her . Ok now In April 2012 my brother pays a lawyer the whole amount to get divorce and ask his lawyer to to remind her she can keep the deeds to house if she signs the divorce documents , well guess what , she wont sign , while they were trying to serve her she decieds to hide from sever , thinking if she dont siogn that she received the divorce papers thern it will not be done .Since she hide away from answering the door or returning any calls to server, they had to request a rule 106 and have judge sign it in order for divorce document to be left on door at her home , ok now she hired an lawyer and she counter suit , that she wants and deserves spousal support for the next 3 years she also wants the house to her self with deed . Come on this lady has worked under the table for cash and might haved work for a company these past years ,and when they were married my brother send and pay her for to go to school to learn a trade whether she didnt finish I beleive that was her choice my brother payed for her to go and learn . I beleive she didnt want to try .I myself cant beleive this woman wants the house after receiving 30 thousand dollars tax free and now she wants spousal support to show him she going to hit him hard by doing so !!!!!! My brother still stand by his word and is willing to give her the whole house and deed if she signs the divorce papers and keeps house , but she wants him to support her .because she wants to show that she rules the divorce , My brother feels that she refuses to sign ,then he perfers the house to be sold and money be divided . So my question is is there some where I can look up in a libarary to see if what she is wanting is possible If someone direct me to where to start I dont mind doing all the leg work to help my brother out . I really hope someone help me or us out . Im sorry if there is mispells Im bother and havent been able to sleep or be at ease thinking she can really get what she asking for and what my brother has to be ditching out money on and on ,please help us out , thank you in advance . If you suggest for us to do soemthing to get htis settle please do im ready to do the leg work and long hours to help out my brother .. Oh by the way my brother and his wife ages are 59 yrs old , also is there a way we can request for her past employment be research because this lady has worked and know how to work . thank you again

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Texas

my brother married legally for 35 yrs plus and separated since 1998 in texas. when my brother moved out due to them not getting along with each other only one child was living at home age 17 yrs ,my brother went to get the papers for child support from child support dept in san antonio tx, they told him that his wife had to sign them inorder for her to receive child support , my brother was doing the honable thing as a father and man .But his wife refused to sign papers , so my brother just let it go .well a yr later my brother terminates his employment with CPS and withdraws retirement of 60 thousand and give his wife 30 thousand , she happy with that ,ok then my brother has to pay penatly for early withdraw . SO he goes to see he wife and ask her if she is paying her penalty for her half of the 60 thosand , well she yells no way buddy that is your problem , so of course my brother pay the penalty fee of 6000. or 9000. thousands it took 5 yrs to pay it off montly with intrest . Iam not really sure about exact amount , He had to pay her half of penalty of her receiving the 30 thosand .My brother had told his wife from the beganing she can have all the house for herself as long as she signed the divorce papers , which when the time came in 2005 she again said that she wasnt never giving him a divorce . Ok so my brother just drops the divorce instead of dealing with her . Ok now In April 2012 my brother pays a lawyer the whole amount to get divorce and ask his lawyer to to remind her she can keep the deeds to house if she signs the divorce documents , well guess what , she wont sign , while they were trying to serve her she decieds to hide from sever , thinking if she dont siogn that she received the divorce papers thern it will not be done .Since she hide away from answering the door or returning any calls to server, they had to request a rule 106 and have judge sign it in order for divorce document to be left on door at her home , ok now she hired an lawyer and she counter suit , that she wants and deserves spousal support for the next 3 years she also wants the house to her self with deed . Come on this lady has worked under the table for cash and might haved work for a company these past years ,and when they were married my brother send and pay her for to go to school to learn a trade whether she didnt finish I beleive that was her choice my brother payed for her to go and learn . I beleive she didnt want to try .I myself cant beleive this woman wants the house after receiving 30 thousand dollars tax free and now she wants spousal support to show him she going to hit him hard by doing so !!!!!! My brother still stand by his word and is willing to give her the whole house and deed if she signs the divorce papers and keeps house , but she wants him to support her .because she wants to show that she rules the divorce , My brother feels that she refuses to sign ,then he perfers the house to be sold and money be divided . So my question is is there some where I can look up in a libarary to see if what she is wanting is possible If someone direct me to where to start I dont mind doing all the leg work to help my brother out . I really hope someone help me or us out . Im sorry if there is mispells Im bother and havent been able to sleep or be at ease thinking she can really get what she asking for and what my brother has to be ditching out money on and on ,please help us out , thank you in advance . If you suggest for us to do soemthing to get htis settle please do im ready to do the leg work and long hours to help out my brother .. Oh by the way my brother and his wife ages are 59 yrs old , also is there a way we can request for her past employment be research because this lady has worked and know how to work . thank you again
NONE of this is your business. What she is wanting is possible but this is NOT your business at all. Your brother could have gotten a divorce back in 1998 if he was so inclined. He made many mistakes and bad decisions. You need to butt out quite frankly.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your brother needs a lawyer, plain and simple. Too many mistakes have already been made, and your involvement is likely to compound them. Really.

swalsh411

You are not doing your brother any favors here. He needs to let an attorney handle it. You are also getting a very one-sided account of things, and a person sticking their nose somewhere it doesn't belong with half the facts thinking they will right all the wrongs is a recipe for disaster.

FarmerJ

Let your brother deal with the whole mess BTW so you know since it appears they no longer have any minor children ( all the kids are now adult) Im sure he will tell his atty about the money he gave her already and in the end she may not have as much say as she thinks, even if she did not complete her education it is entirely possible that a court may decide (if that house is paid off) to not give her more than that since thats what your brother has already offered , the way things are now with the real estate market for any one who has a home thats fully paid off and only owes monthlys ( utils , taxes and ins) they are truly better off than many others and if they cannot make enough to pay just minimal expenses after getting a home in a settlement they are still free to sell it, your better off to Just stay out of it!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
OP, white space is your friend. And your brother needs to grow a pair (and ask his own questions here too).

I've no doubt that he's made mistakes (legally),
and I also would not be surprised to hear you say you and others have been telling him to get his act together on this for YEARS.

Ultimately, he has to stand up for himself - you cannot do that for him, no matter how painful the consequences.

While your concern for your family is admirable, I have to echo the previous users' comments here. This is definitely your brother's problem. The situation already sounds like a very volatile one, if you start pushing the issues more, it might start getting really out of hand. Tell your brother to consult an attorney to sort out this mess. If you really want to help him, just be there as a sister. And if you're feeling generous, you can pitch in for some of his legal fees or help him research good lawyers. There are tons of lawyer referral sites other there, if you can find one. LegalMatch, ******dale, the list goes on. But giving him legal advice doesn't seem like the best idea. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">