• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex ignores court orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbfae

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My ex-husband was ordered to pay part of my lawyer fees, preparation of documents and other things but he has ignored them all. I had to pay for them to finalize the divorce. Now I want my money back and have filed a suit against him which I won. I served him the papers in the company of a police officer. He has made no attempt to contact me or anything. What can I do next? :confused:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My ex-husband was ordered to pay part of my lawyer fees, preparation of documents and other things but he has ignored them all. I had to pay for them to finalize the divorce. Now I want my money back and have filed a suit against him which I won. I served him the papers in the company of a police officer. He has made no attempt to contact me or anything. What can I do next? :confused:
I assume you have a judgement against him? Now you have to start filing liens against his assets. You will probably need an attorney to assist you with that.

nanato2

...or a garnishment against his paycheck, is also a possibility, isn't it?
And in some courts, depending on the amount, an attorney is not necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">