• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband abandoned me and his children and we have no where to go.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamondck23

What is the name of your state? Alabama

What do you do if your husband abandons you and your children and no agencies will help you because you are stil married? Where would I go for help?:(

LdiJ

What do you do if your husband abandons you and your children and no agencies will help you because you are stil married? Where would I go for help?:(
You need to file for divorce so that you CAN get help. That may mean doing it on your own, without an attorney.

CourtClerk

How long has he been gone? We don't know yet if it is abandonment in the legal sense....

However, get a job. That always helps.

Texas12

Don't be so harsh !

since she does have children - and no job - the babysitting bill can be quit expensive !!

Bali Hai

Uh yeah, and lots of us pay it.

Having kids... you knew the job was tough (and expensive) when you took it.
Agreed!! But mommie didn't EXPECT the work and money it would take to complete the task!! She expects the judge to hammer "deadbeat daddy" into a life of slavery while she sits on her ass painting her toe nails!!

Lilyputt

Agreed!! But mommie didn't EXPECT the work and money it would take to complete the task!! She expects the judge to hammer "deadbeat daddy" into a life of slavery while she sits on her ass painting her toe nails!!
Are you for real?! Even if she gets a job, childcare isn't cheap! Try anywhere for $50-200 per child depending where you live and since when does one parent get to skip and not pay for the support of their child. You still have some MEN who believe their wife should be stay at home moms and don't want there spouses to work. Which I believe every women should have a back up plan, but it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve help!

Lilyputt

Check with the legal aid in your state because in GA the legal aid here says 30 days for them to help get you divorce. I'm not for sure if your state has a Family children office, but go there and apply for assistance they locate his butt because their going to demand payment back from him. Gather up as much information as you can on him becasue your
going to need it. Also the website below

www.AlabamaLegalHelp.org
www.lsc.gov

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are you for real?! Even if she gets a job, childcare isn't cheap! Try anywhere for $50-200 per child depending where you live and since when does one parent get to skip and not pay for the support of their child. You still have some MEN who believe their wife should be stay at home moms and don't want there spouses to work. Which I believe every women should have a back up plan, but it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve help!
AND SO WHAT? Apparently there are some women who still believe that they should be stay at home moms and not work and rely on a man. Here is the thing -- there are options. She can ask for child care assistance. She can look for work. She can file for child support. But she needs to be proactive. The cost of child care CANNOT be an excuse for her not attempting to provide for herself.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Check with the legal aid in your state because in GA the legal aid here says 30 days for them to help get you divorce. I'm not for sure if your state has a Family children office, but go there and apply for assistance they locate his butt because their going to demand payment back from him. Gather up as much information as you can on him becasue your
going to need it. Also the website below

www.AlabamaLegalHelp.org
www.lsc.gov
As much information on him as she can? About what? It takes more than 30 days to get a divorce. In most places she is looking at at least 3 months for an uncontested default and longer for a contested. She can't just sit around and do nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">