• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rufus27

What is the name of your state?
My New york State divorce is almost one year new, but due to my circumstances
I would like to file for a reduction in the amount of Alimony I pay per week. Is there a simplified form to submitt, or must I retain an Attorney and plan on time off from work
to be in court.
Thank you

Silverplum

I would like to file for a reduction in the amount of Alimony I pay per week. Is there a simplified form to submitt, or must I retain an Attorney and plan on time off from work
to be in court.
Thank you
You would need to tell us exactly what your court order states about the alimony. Most importantly, is it called "modifiable"?

Bali Hai

to be in court.
Thank you
You need an attorney and a second or third job!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">