• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non payment of alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorned again

What is the name of your state? CT

I was divorced in 2001..dissolution if marriage... i was awarded alimony..immediate income withholdings, and i received that for only one year, then the checks stopped.. the state told me that my x-husband wasnt employed there anymore, then the following month or two i got a call from my son that his father was in the hospital.. i was living in NH then, .. and his father was near death from a brain anyuerysm.. so because of the situation i didnt persue the alimony, now he is in good health, and living with his g/f that he cheated on me with, she supports him, medically also and they arent married, and i was supporting myself with two to three part time jobs, from then til now .. and now i am unemployed, and moved back to ct .. so my son could put a roof over my head, and i am trying to find a job, i have no car mine broke down in nh! ... i cant pay any of my bills, ... my question is.. what do i do to have him start paying me something, i found out he is in the usaf reserves, and he told me himself that he wont get a job unless i sign off on the alimony! He has harrassed me with that for years,... i had a 27 year marriage, i raised my two kids on my own , cuz he was never there, and when he was, he was abusive.
I was awarded 250.00 a week, to nothing for 4 years.. I just need a little help to get back on my feet, but i feel he owes me, i have done without for too long by him!
Thanks LianeWhat is the name of your state?

ceara19

I was divorced in 2001..dissolution if marriage... i was awarded alimony..immediate income withholdings, and i received that for only one year, then the checks stopped.. the state told me that my x-husband wasnt employed there anymore, then the following month or two i got a call from my son that his father was in the hospital.. i was living in NH then, .. and his father was near death from a brain anyuerysm.. so because of the situation i didnt persue the alimony, now he is in good health, and living with his g/f that he cheated on me with, she supports him, medically also and they arent married, and i was supporting myself with two to three part time jobs, from then til now .. and now i am unemployed, and moved back to ct .. so my son could put a roof over my head, and i am trying to find a job, i have no car mine broke down in nh! ... i cant pay any of my bills, ... my question is.. what do i do to have him start paying me something, i found out he is in the usaf reserves, and he told me himself that he wont get a job unless i sign off on the alimony! He has harrassed me with that for years,... i had a 27 year marriage, i raised my two kids on my own , cuz he was never there, and when he was, he was abusive.
I was awarded 250.00 a week, to nothing for 4 years.. I just need a little help to get back on my feet, but i feel he owes me, i have done without for too long by him!
If he has no money, there is nothing for you to get. The girlfriend is not obligated to pay his alimony, regardless of fact that your husband cheated on you with her.

nextwife

Just curious. He supported YOU financially for 27 years? When is it HIS turn to be supported by you in return? After all, he's now sick and you are able bodied.

You do realize that another aneurism could easilly kill him? I don't blame him for laying low and not taking on the stress of a real job.

Bali Hai

I was divorced in 2001..dissolution if marriage... i was awarded alimony..immediate income withholdings, and i received that for only one year, then the checks stopped.. the state told me that my x-husband wasnt employed there anymore, then the following month or two i got a call from my son that his father was in the hospital.. i was living in NH then, .. and his father was near death from a brain anyuerysm.. so because of the situation i didnt persue the alimony,

That was a mistake.

now he is in good health, and living with his g/f that he cheated on me with, she supports him, medically also and they arent married, and i was supporting myself with two to three part time jobs, from then til now .. and now i am unemployed, and moved back to ct .. so my son could put a roof over my head, and i am trying to find a job, i have no car mine broke down in nh! ... i cant pay any of my bills, ... my question is.. what do i do to have him start paying me something,

Take him back to court for contempt, but you are probably going to lose any arrearages.

i found out he is in the usaf reserves, and he told me himself that he wont get a job unless i sign off on the alimony! He has harrassed me with that for years,... i had a 27 year marriage, i raised my two kids on my own , cuz he was never there, and when he was, he was abusive.

My violin can't play that tune anymore.

If you could have done better without him for all those years, what stopped you?

Bali Hai

Hey there Bali, wanna join me for a romp on the beaches of the South of France? I just got my alimony check! What say you, big boy?
Another time Ciss. I need to book a flight to Singapore. Meet me there with your alimony check (cashed) and your round trip non-refundable airline ticket that gives you just enough time to make the gate for the flight home.

Another time Ciss. I need to book a flight to Singapore. Meet me there with your alimony check (cashed) and your round trip non-refundable airline ticket that gives you just enough time to make the gate for the flight home.
Etes-vous folle? Are you crazy or WHAT?!

i had a 27 year marriage, i raised my two kids on my own , cuz he was never there, and when he was, he was abusive.
boo freakin' hoo!!!! It's been 5 years since your divorce. Why aren't you acting like an ADULT and supporting YOURSELF? If you want to be a child about it, I'm quite sure you can find a cardboard box under a bridge to live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">