• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Payment Alimony Fl. vs. Az.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

My x husband is not paying alimony. The divorce was in Fl. I now live in Az. The alimony was court ordered to be garnished out of his wages. This is not happening. My x says he has no employer. However I have proof he has had the same employer for many years. (the divorce was 18 yrs ago, and he has to pay alimony until I remarry, or die) In 2004 I purchased forms that were sent out by the courthouse to my x to verify his employer. He lied, and stated his 3rd wife is his employer. They are not paying the alimony. 4 months are past due, totaling $800.00. I do not have funds to fight him. I am crippled and also take care of our disabled son. Where do I go for help?
Is there a court form to help me? Legal aid in Az. cannot help me. I don't have funds to go back to Fl or hire a attorney.
My x has funds, he is in fact on vacation this week! Who can I get to help me? The attorney that handled the divorce will not do it. If you can give me any information, I would be greatful.
thank you..
K :confused:

VeronicaGia

You have to file in FL. You can find FL domestic/family law online and very likely find forms to file contempt. Call the court clerk before filing to find out how to represent yourself via telephone.

FlSue25

Filing Contempt/Enforcement of Alimony

What county in Florida? I live in Orange County, Florida. I requested Contempt of Court (Alimony) documents from http://www.orange-clerk.org
The cost was $2.50. In the instructions, it states you will also need a certified copy of your divorce arrearages (which also can be requested online) to be attached to your motion. The cost is minimal.
Hope this helps you and good luck.

Gracie3787

walkssoftly said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

My x husband is not paying alimony. The divorce was in Fl. I now live in Az. The alimony was court ordered to be garnished out of his wages. This is not happening. My x says he has no employer. However I have proof he has had the same employer for many years. (the divorce was 18 yrs ago, and he has to pay alimony until I remarry, or die) In 2004 I purchased forms that were sent out by the courthouse to my x to verify his employer. He lied, and stated his 3rd wife is his employer. They are not paying the alimony. 4 months are past due, totaling $800.00. I do not have funds to fight him. I am crippled and also take care of our disabled son. Where do I go for help?
Is there a court form to help me? Legal aid in Az. cannot help me. I don't have funds to go back to Fl or hire a attorney.
My x has funds, he is in fact on vacation this week! Who can I get to help me? The attorney that handled the divorce will not do it. If you can give me any information, I would be greatful.
thank you..
K :confused:
You can file a contempt motion yourself- go to http://www.flcourts.org/ click on the Family Law Forms. When you file, you can also ask to appear telephonically, just explain the reasons that you cannot go to Florida- caring for disabled son, etc.

Even if his wife is his employer she is under the legal obligation to withhold the payments and send them in.

You can read up on the enforcement laws at http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ Chapter 61 is the statutes that cover spousal support.

Thank you!

Thank you.. all three of you! :) I sooooooo appreciate this information.. I will follow up on these pronto!
God Bless you all !!
K~ Walkssoftly

Franchise tax board.. what do you think about this?

In another forum, this information was given to me..
Although there is no way I can go back to Fl. I would have to have it transferred to Az.. I still have never heard of this.. <shrug> Just curious.. as to what your opinions on this were.. I really need to work fast, as the funds are needed badly, so whichever route is going to be the quickest.. is what I need to do.. And of course I realize nothing happens overnight.. That's for sure.. :rolleyes:
Below is the information that an attorney sent me..

the franchise tax board can take money out of his tax return to pay his debt to you. This is done in California. Also, you can have the court case transferred to your state. If you do go back to court, you can request that he pays court fees. You do not need a lawyer, file the papers and hold him in contempt or court order.

Thanks again for all input.. I'm extremely greatful..
K~ Walkssoftly

re: divorce arrearages

FlSue25 said:
What county in Florida? I live in Orange County, Florida. I requested Contempt of Court (Alimony) documents from http://www.orange-clerk.org
The cost was $2.50. In the instructions, it states you will also need a certified copy of your divorce arrearages (which also can be requested online) to be attached to your motion. The cost is minimal.
Hope this helps you and good luck.
On the divorce arrearages.. Where does one get the certified copy online? The county that this was in, is Manatee County. The alimony was paid through Tallahassee Fl.. And I can look it up on MyFloridaCounty.com but I don't think? that I can request a copy there..

Thank you..
K~ walkssoftly

Gracie3787

walkssoftly said:
On the divorce arrearages.. Where does one get the certified copy online? The county that this was in, is Manatee County. The alimony was paid through Tallahassee Fl.. And I can look it up on MyFloridaCounty.com but I don't think? that I can request a copy there..

Thank you..
K~ walkssoftly
You'll have to call the clerk's office to request an arrearage affidavit, they'll mail it to you. Unfortunately it isn't something you can get on-line because it has to be notarized by the clerk.

Thank you

Gracie3787 said:
You'll have to call the clerk's office to request an arrearage affidavit, they'll mail it to you. Unfortunately it isn't something you can get on-line because it has to be notarized by the clerk.
Thank you for the information.. I really appreciate it..

K~ Walkssoftly :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">