• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not able to trace address to serve a legal notice-pls help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arpita76

Hello legal Gurus,
Please help me out..
I've been separated for more than 2 years and don't know the whereabouts of my ex-husband. all our attempts to serve the notice came back saying that person is not available at the address.

My lawyer says that without an address it is difficult to get a divorce. i have my ex-husband SSN#, photo, and his old employer address.

1. Is there any way to trace my ex-husband current address to serve the notice by using his SSN. Is there any other way to find out his current whereabouts?
2. Since it has been more than 2 years can i get alimony now? i have been a student all 2 years with very little income

p.s. I am from NJ but now i moved to Maryland.
thanks in advance
Aripa

Isis1

i found my dad using his SSN. i wrote a letter to the Social Security office, enclosed a pre-stamped envelope with a letter to my dad sealed inside the packet. I gave them his name, his birthdate and last known whereabouts. 1 month later he called me with the information i sent him.

assuming your ex wants a divorce too, let him know you need to both move on and would like to get this finalized.

it was all free except the costs of stamps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">