• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not fair!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused411

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Frm CA: I am in the process of obtaining my divorce but the ex is still upset and wants as much as he can get. I make three times as much as he does and is asking for spousal and child support. The spousal I understand by law even though he doesn't deserve it but the child support even though he does not buy our kids anything not even a pencil for school let alone pay for their school or uniforms, etc. My current lawyer says he is entitled to this but I don't feel its correct especial when he does not support his kids in any way nor financially. I even buy things and clothing for them to take to his place.

Now if we settleoutside it may be cheaper as far as the spousal but still do not agree on the child support even more when the kids are with me about 80% of the time. I take them to school, pick them up and he only picks them up on Mon, Tues at 7 pm and has every other weekend with them. Is this correct or am I just totally lost here??? I even take them to his mom's place and do so much more.

If we go to court I am entitled to his 401K and 1/2 of the property interest I beleive but I will probably end up paying him for spousal like $450 yikes.... which is a big amount for me in my financial situation.

Now spousal do they even consider the expenses I have like rent, car payment, school paymnt, my 6 month daughter expenses???

So lost and tired of this please help!! Thank you!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Frm CA: I am in the process of obtaining my divorce but the ex is still upset and wants as much as he can get. I make three times as much as he does and is asking for spousal and child support. The spousal I understand by law even though he doesn't deserve it but the child support even though he does not buy our kids anything not even a pencil for school let alone pay for their school or uniforms, etc. My current lawyer says he is entitled to this but I don't feel its correct especial when he does not support his kids in any way nor financially. I even buy things and clothing for them to take to his place.

Now if we settleoutside it may be cheaper as far as the spousal but still do not agree on the child support even more when the kids are with me about 80% of the time. I take them to school, pick them up and he only picks them up on Mon, Tues at 7 pm and has every other weekend with them. Is this correct or am I just totally lost here??? I even take them to his mom's place and do so much more.

If we go to court I am entitled to his 401K and 1/2 of the property interest I beleive but I will probably end up paying him for spousal like $450 yikes.... which is a big amount for me in my financial situation.

Now spousal do they even consider the expenses I have like rent, car payment, school paymnt, my 6 month daughter expenses???

So lost and tired of this please help!! Thank you!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
how long have you two been married?

Isis1

you have two posts open. please lock one and continue with the other. it's very hard to read your information when a volunteer who can give great legal advice needs to hop back and forth between posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">