• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not paying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mggs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My X has been paying child support only when he feels like it. He is looking to quit his job so that he can tell the court he is no longer employed. Can his new wife be held accountable for having to make the child support payments. She is employed and right now my son's health insurance is being paid by her health insurance.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My X has been paying child support only when he feels like it. He is looking to quit his job so that he can tell the court he is no longer employed. Can his new wife be held accountable for having to make the child support payments. She is employed and right now my son's health insurance is being paid by her health insurance.
No. However, you can and should take your ex to court for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">