• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio Spousal support question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usmc28shooter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.....Summit County screwed up and didn't send my employer the court order until AFTER the Pay period was processed for the month of June. This was after they sent the paperwork to the wrong employer three times. This is the first month that it was supposed to be garnished, so the first one was today. I get paid bi-weekly, so my question is, am I responsible for mailing CSEA the rest of the month of Alimony even though I was told by my lawyer not in any money BECAUSE of the garnishment. I want to get hit with fines.....please advise.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.....Summit County screwed up and didn't send my employer the court order until AFTER the Pay period was processed for the month of June. This was after they sent the paperwork to the wrong employer three times. This is the first month that it was supposed to be garnished, so the first one was today. I get paid bi-weekly, so my question is, am I responsible for mailing CSEA the rest of the month of Alimony even though I was told by my lawyer not in any money BECAUSE of the garnishment. I want to get hit with fines.....please advise.
Charming user name. :rolleyes:

I will ask the Ohio Attorney/GAL to post to your thread.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is generally your responsibility to pay as ordered - even if the garnishment does not go through.

usmc28shooter

How will that get handled? Will I get fined or just sent a bill for what I still owe? And do I have to pay it in full or can I make payments? Just covering my bases...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">