• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay the piggy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smnkpr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
We can't stand it any more! I'd like to stay with my family but the stress and anger my wife causes me is becoming unbearable. I'm wondering what the average amount is that I can expect to pay in child and spousel support being that I gross 4 to 5 thousand (self employed) a month and my wife brings in 2700 a month (disablilty). I have 2 children, 17 and 13.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just google "california child support calculator" for a basic idea. Looks to be about $1200 / month.

Depending on length of marriage, an additional (much smaller probably) amount of alimony may or may not be required as well.

tuffbrk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
We can't stand it any more! I'd like to stay with my family but the stress and anger my wife causes me is becoming unbearable. I'm wondering what the average amount is that I can expect to pay in child and spousel support being that I gross 4 to 5 thousand (self employed) a month and my wife brings in 2700 a month (disablilty). I have 2 children, 17 and 13.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why do you presume that you'll need to pay child support? Are you even applying for custody?! If your spouse is on disability how does this impact day to day living? Are they capable of fully running a household on their own? Are they ever incapacitated after treatments? Are they ever zoned out thereby minimizing their effectiveness at parenting 2 teens? You might want to give that some thought.

What is your average annual income? Is it $4 or $5k? if you're averaging $4k you're only looking at a $1300 monthly difference in income...You also need to look at length of the marriage, assets and debt..

Get a consult with an attorney...

smnkpr

Is not paying child support the law, in California anyway and no I am not applying for custody. My Wife is capable of running a household but is on so many different drugs from mental to pain to hormoines she is daily manic and or zoned out. I have tried to hang on but now it seems my wife wants to blame our financial woes all on me and still be irresponsible with her money. I'm just tired of working 7 days a week and not ever being able to catch up.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">