• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pendente lite and pemanent spousal and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael Easter

What is the name of your state? nc
my wife recently filed for divorce based on desertion,but the fact of the matter is i am a recovering alcoholic and I had willfully admitted myself to a detox facility and during my stay there she contacted me while I was hospitalized and stated that she did not want me returning home. She has also stated in the court documents that I willfullily left her with no asset to take care of home expenses which is also not true upon entering the hospital there was 6000.00 dollars in our joint checking account. She also kept all tax refunds in which she used to pay for her lawyer. There are two children that we have together that i am already required to pay child support to in the amount of 450.00 a month. I only make 8.50 an hour and am having to stay at my sister's in nc but she and the children live in Va. She is currently making 18.50. She still living in our home and has two of our vechiles. I am concern that i will eventually have to file bankrupcy and I need to know if this will be legal or if this can only happen after all court procedings are conducted. I also wanted to know if I need to give her lawyers all documents that they are requesting. I cannot afford a lawyer myself and just really needed a heads up on what i needed to do legally. Thanks you any information would help. thank youWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

I also wanted to know if I need to give her lawyers all documents that they are requesting.

What are they requesting?

Michael Easter

what her lawyer wonts to know

Dear sirs, I recieved a call today saying ( from my X ) that I could call her lawyer and offer a settlement. I wasnt born yesterday, I will not sign anything.there is so much going though my head. I need counsel. I feel Im at the end of my rope. This all started out on a level playin field but in all reality its come down to money.I need someone to hash this out with, I could care less about the material things. My only goal in this is for my children. Im a casaluty of divorce I know things are differanant . But now children are being used against me. Im hearing stuff like I cant believe you left your kids, the kids dont want to leave there home there friends.and school.... I dont know where that came from but not from me. I keep goin on I am sorry.If you need anymore info please let me know, because it looks like I will have to go to court alone Please pray for me. Money just nott there

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">