• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

providing financials

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boohunch36

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

My boyfriend filed a motion to modify his spousal support. His ex responded (through her lawyer) denying the motion and asking the court to dismiss the motion. My boyfriend supplied his financial statement to the court and to his ex's lawyer. He asked for a copy of her financial statement in return. That was 14 days ago. The hearing is in 3 days and he still hasn't received her financials. Will she be in contempt if she doesn't provide that info? He read in the statute that the financial statements have to be updated within 7 days of a divorce hearing but it wasn't clear if that is true of modifications too. What are your thoughts?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

My boyfriend filed a motion to modify his spousal support. His ex responded (through her lawyer) denying the motion and asking the court to dismiss the motion. My boyfriend supplied his financial statement to the court and to his ex's lawyer. He asked for a copy of her financial statement in return. That was 14 days ago. The hearing is in 3 days and he still hasn't received her financials. Will she be in contempt if she doesn't provide that info? He read in the statute that the financial statements have to be updated within 7 days of a divorce hearing but it wasn't clear if that is true of modifications too. What are your thoughts?
You've already been here, posted here, received answers, and deleted your thread.

Why would we want to ride your merry-go-round again? Last time, I posted Maine law. You tossed it.

:rolleyes:

boohunch36

You've already been here, posted here, received answers, and deleted your thread.

Why would we want to ride your merry-go-round again? Last time, I posted Maine law. You tossed it.

:rolleyes:
I thought this was a legal advice forum...You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Furthermore I explained why I'm asking. The statue isn't clear on modifications.

Silverplum

I thought this was a legal advice forum...You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Furthermore I explained why I'm asking. The statue isn't clear on modifications.
I already provided you Maine law. We already don't care to deal with 3rd parties. We don't care for thread deletions.

3 strikes.

boohunch36

I already provided you Maine law. We already don't care to deal with 3rd parties. We don't care for thread deletions.

3 strikes.
<------------------:eek:

:D You sent a link to statute that I have stated is unclear about modifications. Which by the way I have read that statute front to back and back to front. I've tried finding examples of how the law was applied. Was just looking for some real life experiences and how other people handled their cases. It's not rocket surgery. :p

And from what I can see you just like to bully people. Doesn't matter if they are 1st 2nd or 3rd party.

Silverplum

:D You sent a link to statute that I have stated is unclear about modifications. Which by the way I have read that statute front to back and back to front. I've tried finding examples of how the law was applied. Was just looking for some real life experiences and how other people handled their cases. It's not rocket surgery. :p

And from what I can see you just like to bully people. Doesn't matter if they are 1st 2nd or 3rd party.
"Rocket surgery" is new.

Proserpina

Pretty kewl huh??

I don't want to argue with you. I was just wondering if financial statements are mandatory. Guess I'll just keep wondering until Thursday. :)
1. This is none of your business.
2. This is none of your business.
3. Despite #1 & #2, SilverPlum very graciously provided helpful links. Then you tossed 'em.

Go away.

boohunch36

1. This is none of your business.
2. This is none of your business.
3. Despite #1 & #2, SilverPlum very graciously provided helpful links. Then you tossed 'em.

Go away.
Ya know for this being a "legal advice forum" I haven't seen one thread where any of the "senior members" have treated the poster with any kind of respect and you certainly haven't provided any helpful links. And I would hardly call Plum gracious.

:D bully :D

Silverplum

Ya know for this being a "legal advice forum" I haven't seen one thread where any of the "senior members" have treated the poster with any kind of respect and you certainly haven't provided any helpful links. And I would hardly call Plum gracious.

Have a pleasant evening.

Proserpina

Have a pleasant evening.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

No, we just prefer to deal with the person who is a legal party to the situation. So, please have your boyfriend come and ask the questions he has. We'll wait for him. Thanks.

Last edited:

geegee12

No, we just prefer to deal with the person who is a legal party to the situation. So, please have your boyfriend come and ask the questions he has. We'll wait for him. Thanks.
hey stealth this is boohunches boyfriend so why don't you give me the answers to her questions since you have totally disrespected her.
:)

geegee12

hey stealth this is boohunches boyfriend so why don't you give me the answers to her questions since you have totally disrespected her.
hello is there anybody out there lookin for free advice .is my ex in contempt if she does not provide her financial report before our court date on Thursday.

Proserpina

We typically show respect when a poster is respectful themselves. Your girlfriend failed; she is clearly not worthy of our respect.

Have a pleasant evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">