• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quadro information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dusty1230

New Jersey
My husband is divorced and the agreement included a Quadro. A few years ago his former wife agreed to take a lower amount in order to start receiving the retirement monies agreed upon in the Quadro rather than wait for her ex to retire. It also states that the will receive this aagreed amount until she dies. My husband retired last month and today we received a copy of a letter addressed to his former wife indicating the amount of her monthly check will increase by double since he retired. Can a quadro order which was agreed and effective be increased? My husband has not even received his first pension check.

LdiJ

New Jersey
My husband is divorced and the agreement included a Quadro. A few years ago his former wife agreed to take a lower amount in order to start receiving the retirement monies agreed upon in the Quadro rather than wait for her ex to retire. It also states that the will receive this aagreed amount until she dies. My husband retired last month and today we received a copy of a letter addressed to his former wife indicating the amount of her monthly check will increase by double since he retired. Can a quadro order which was agreed and effective be increased? My husband has not even received his first pension check.
When she agreed to take the lower amount was it submitted to the court and signed off on by a judge? Was the pension trustee then informed of the change?

dusty1230

The divorce was final a few years before my husband's ex was eligible to collect a portion of his pension. Once she was eligible we received a letter from his pension plan administrator in 2005 indicating they accepted a signed QUADRO order. She was eligible to receive immediate payments in 2005 at a reduced amount for the duration of her lifetime. She agreed to the lower amount which was calculated based on years of marriage prior to divorce. Our question is how can her share be increased since it was fixed and agreed. Should we seek legal counsel?

A judge did not sign off as the quadro was effective a few years after the divorce. We received a letter from the pension trustee informing us that his ex opted to draw on the pension at a lower fixed rate prior to my husband's retirement.

Last edited:

LdiJ

The divorce was final a few years before my husband's ex was eligible to collect a portion of his pension. Once she was eligible we received a letter from his pension plan administrator in 2005 indicating they accepted a signed QUADRO order. She was eligible to receive immediate payments in 2005 at a reduced amount for the duration of her lifetime. She agreed to the lower amount which was calculated based on years of marriage prior to divorce. Our question is how can her share be increased since it was fixed and agreed. Should we seek legal counsel?

A judge did not sign off as the quadro was effective a few years after the divorce. We received a letter from the pension trustee informing us that his ex opted to draw on the pension at a lower fixed rate prior to my husband's retirement.
Has your husband talked to the plan administrator about this? Perhaps they are acting on the original QRDO in error, not catching on that she is already collecting.

nextwife

Was the plan administrator supplied a copy of the order? He should resupply them and contact them to review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">