• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about responding to DV-100 & requesting spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bloodly1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My wife has filed a restraining order DV-100 on myself. I'm presently responding with form DV-120 but I'm confused about where to request spousal support. On Page 1 Item 9 there is a box and a place to agree or disagree to the support order. However, I'm not sure if that is there for my wife to request(which she didn't)?> Even though she did not check the box in Item 10 of pg 2 on DV-100, am I to disagree and say I 'do not' agree to the order requested? because there was no order requested.

I filled out Form FL-150 but need to know if Item - on DV-120 is something I can check or not.

bloodly1

I'm understanding that I have to submit up to five copies for the courts to authenticate? Does this mean that my supporting evidence must be copied and accompany all five reports? Or can I just bring the pics, letters, etc. with me. There is an awful lot of stuff for me to copy five times. Do I have to submit copies of the evidence to be served to the plaintiff, or do I just serve with the paperwork and wait to show evidence at the hearing?

Thanks for any help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you submit it to the court you have to make five copies. Evidence normally get submitted. But again:
Try calling the court's self help desk.
And also keep all your questions to one thread okay? This is at least the second one you have started.

bloodly1

Roger that. I thought I'd get yelled at for having two different questions in the same thread. Go figure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">