• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on PA spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pete1969h

currently I'm paying spousal support off my unemployment in PA, no kids are involved and I had a rough time proving the ex's income, my question is when I find a fulltime job and if I do not report it to domestic relations but still keep paying the support ordered amount and if the ex finds out and takes me back in, what is the worst that could happen, I would be only doing this to wait until my 90 days are up to make sure the job is final because I don't have the funds to keep returning to domestics each time

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
currently I'm paying spousal support off my unemployment in PA, no kids are involved and I had a rough time proving the ex's income, my question is when I find a fulltime job and if I do not report it to domestic relations but still keep paying the support ordered amount and if the ex finds out and takes me back in, what is the worst that could happen, I would be only doing this to wait until my 90 days are up to make sure the job is final because I don't have the funds to keep returning to domestics each time
Did you have a job when spousal support was ordered? Is the spousal support modifiable? What is the exact wording (redact names/addresses) of the portion ordering spousal support?

tuffbrk

Generally speaking, as long as you pay the support no one will bother you. If your alimony was previously paid via the state system, it is best to provide them with your new employer's information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">