• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared not sure what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Samantha2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?my name is Samantha2 Washington

I am a 58-year-old woman who has been married for 37 years. My husband has had an eating disorder on and off most of our relationship. He has never seek to professional help. We have tried to work through the tough times often on through our marriage. I am not able to work for the last 12 years for health issues. I am not on any kind of disability as of my husband and I were able to take care of our finances without it. Last year he was upset with me because I caught him hiding in vomit again when I confronted him he got angry and gave me three days to leave the house or he would come or he would come and get his items and I would be on my own. Now that we are in a rough patch again I'm afraid he might threaten to kick me out again. What are my rights can he just stop paying bills and supporting me? Afraid for him and our future. The only asset we really have is in our home and we would have to sell it if we were to ever split. Not much equity as we have lots of bills. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

I am a 58-year-old woman who has been married for 37 years. My husband has had an eating disorder on and off most of our relationship. He has never seek to professional help. We have tried to work through the tough times often on through our marriage. I am not able to work for the last 12 years for health issues. I am not on any kind of disability as of my husband and I were able to take care of our finances without it. Last year he was upset with me because I caught him hiding in vomit again when I confronted him he got angry and gave me three days to leave the house or he would come or he would come and get his items and I would be on my own. Now that we are in a rough patch again I'm afraid he might threaten to kick me out again. What are my rights can he just stop paying bills and supporting me? Afraid for him and our future. The only asset we really have is in our home and we would have to sell it if we were to ever split. Not much equity as we have lots of bills. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You eally need to start researching options/resources for yourself. You cannot depend on him.

torimac

Without more information regarding the health issues, it is difficult to know why you can't work. However, if you are disabled, then you need to apply for disability.
Beyond that, start making plans. Yes, you own part of the home but if he becomes hostile you may have to leave. You should contact a woman's shelter or domestic abuse center for help. Here is a website to start you off: http://www.thehotline.org/help/path-to-safety/

Create a safety plan and use it if necessary.

latigo

Suggestions?

Yes! Get with a local family law attorney that can explain your marital property rights and legal options under Washington law. Solutions are not going to appear on your laptop!

Make some calls. Very likely you can find a lawyer that won't charge you for an initial consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">