• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

she has not cashed the last2 almony cks I am writing another now for this new month.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dougcrf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
I guess I should keep writing them,I would think theres no limitation to when she has to cash them, all I know is that this sucks, I am thinking she got remarried but just will not tell me to mess and keep me wondering why she is not cashing the checks.
One minute I do not worry about it and just think, O well when the checks bounce because she has not cashed them its her own fault.
But the next minute I think, I am pretty sure the courts are not going to give a crap how long she held on to the checks, the money better be there when she cashes the checks.

What should I do? Please dont tell me to do a marrige licence search, I already did one here where she lives and I did one in Vegas and she did not get married in either place,
theres no possible way to do a search in every county, I have already checked with privite investagators.

Is there some kinda limitation to when she has to cash the checks?
Does anybody have any tips for me? besides be ready for what ever comes my way for not having the money in the bank when she cashes the checks..

Thanks for any advice
Doug

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
I guess I should keep writing them,I would think theres no limitation to when she has to cash them, all I know is that this sucks, I am thinking she got remarried but just will not tell me to mess and keep me wondering why she is not cashing the checks.
One minute I do not worry about it and just think, O well when the checks bounce because she has not cashed them its her own fault.
But the next minute I think, I am pretty sure the courts are not going to give a crap how long she held on to the checks, the money better be there when she cashes the checks.

What should I do? Please dont tell me to do a marrige licence search, I already did one here where she lives and I did one in Vegas and she did not get married in either place,
theres no possible way to do a search in every county, I have already checked with privite investagators.

Is there some kinda limitation to when she has to cash the checks?
Does anybody have any tips for me? besides be ready for what ever comes my way for not having the money in the bank when she cashes the checks..

Thanks for any advice
Doug
Since writing a bad check is a crime, the money better be in the account in case she cashes them.

Other than that, you need to get some dialog going with her to see what she intends.

FarmerJ

Open a new acct to use for your personal stuff and just let the money pile up, If she doesnt cash them you still will have the money , Treat it as if the account were a savings acct that you cannot touch , this way if there ever is a big stink made by her you have every penny just sitting there. Your bank can tell you how many months they would let pass before refusing to cash checks. AND even if something like that occurs still keep putting in to the acct the monthly amount. ( do you know for fact she is still alive ? )

Bali Hai

Open a new acct to use for your personal stuff and just let the money pile up, If she doesnt cash them you still will have the money , Treat it as if the account were a savings acct that you cannot touch , this way if there ever is a big stink made by her you have every penny just sitting there. Your bank can tell you how many months they would let pass before refusing to cash checks. AND even if something like that occurs still keep putting in to the acct the monthly amount. ( do you know for fact she is still alive ? )
And that's just how she should be paid when she makes the "big stink", in PENNIES.

If the judge doesn't like that TOUGH SH!T!!!

CourtClerk

If the checks bounce when she cashes them, she will be handing you over to the DA's bad check division and you'll be in some deep trouble.

Did your ex have an attorney when you divorced? If so, if the attorney hasn't subbed himself out yet, contact the attorney and ask if he/she has heard from her. Other than that, continue to write the checks. Have you made contact with her or anyone who still speaks to her? In other words, attempt to get in contact with her.

dougcrf

If the checks bounce when she cashes them, she will be handing you over to the DA's bad check division and you'll be in some deep trouble.

Did your ex have an attorney when you divorced? If so, if the attorney hasn't subbed himself out yet, contact the attorney and ask if he/she has heard from her. Other than that, continue to write the checks. Have you made contact with her or anyone who still speaks to her? In other words, attempt to get in contact with her.
Yes I have been in contact with her, she actually said she tore up the other two checks and she said she is willing to let me pay her 750.00 and not pay the other 3000.00 so I set up with a paralegal to have her write up a agreement and me and my X were going to get it notorized, well now my X is pretty much stringing me along, I guess I was a dumb a##
for even talking to her about it, I might be way off but heres what I think is happening, I think she got remarried and it did not work out, now she is afraid to cash any checks.

I ask her if she got remarried and she answerd me like it was just a normal question, she just said no like it was nothing, It seemed like she would of had a different reaction if she didnt get remarried.

Is sucks having to deal with 39 year old kids.

Last edited:
If your ex-wife is trying to hide her assets (i.e., your support payments) from her new husband because of a divorce action, that is definitely immoral and quite possibly illegal. You don't want to be a part of that. You should try to make contact with the new husband to make sure he is aware of these assets.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes I have been in contact with her, she actually said she tore up the other two checks and she said she is willing to let me pay her 750.00 and not pay the other 3000.00 so I set up with a paralegal to have her write up a agreement and me and my X were going to get it notorized, well now my X is pretty much stringing me along, I guess I was a dumb a##
for even talking to her about it, I might be way off but heres what I think is happening, I think she got remarried and it did not work out, now she is afraid to cash any checks.

I ask her if she got remarried and she answerd me like it was just a normal question, she just said no like it was nothing, It seemed like she would of had a different reaction if she didnt get remarried.

Is sucks having to deal with 39 year old kids.
Yep I agree. You are also acting like a child -- though you may not be 39. She may not have gotten remarried.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">