• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Questions On Injunction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JAVGAG

Hi Forum,

I am a husband in Nevada and in the midst of a divorce.
I have retained an attorney and he is hard at work on my case so I do not want to pay for advise I might be able to find elsewhere.
Hopefully, I can get a couple of answer here?

Without the boring details, I want to ask about the standard injunction I was served with when I got the divorce papers.
1) The injunction states that neither myself, nor my wife is allowed to hide, remove, sell anything that could be considered by the court as "community property".
I realized today that my wife's sizeable jewelry tower (yes it is 4 feet high) has been completely cleaned out. To my mind, she should not consider removing anything
of significant value from the home until the case is resolved. Am I correct on this?

2) I own two vehicles myself. I want to take the insurance off of the one I currently drive because it has been problematic. I want to insure and register the second vehicle.
My wife says that because of the divorce, I am not allowed to change anything about the vehicles to which I thought phooey on that. I am not selling anything, just changing
the insurance and registering a different vehicle that would be considered community property anyway. Am I right that she is being a dick about this and just wanting to cause grief?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi Forum,

I have retained an attorney and he is hard at work on my case so I do not want to pay for advise I might be able to find elsewhere.

Without the boring details, I want to ask about the standard injunction I was served with when I got the divorce papers.
1) The injunction states that neither myself, nor my wife is allowed to hide, remove, sell anything that could be considered by the court as "community property".
I realized today that my wife's sizeable jewelry tower (yes it is 4 feet high) has been completely cleaned out. To my mind, she should not consider removing anything
of significant value from the home until the case is resolved. Am I correct on this?

2) I own two vehicles myself. I want to take the insurance off of the one I currently drive because it has been problematic. I want to insure and register the second vehicle.
My wife says that because of the divorce, I am not allowed to change anything about the vehicles to which I thought phooey on that. I am not selling anything, just changing
the insurance and registering a different vehicle that would be considered community property anyway. Am I right that she is being a dick about this and just wanting to cause grief?
You cannot change the insurance on the vehicles. You can add insurance but NOT cancel. Did you ask her where the jewelry is?
And try to conduct yourself like an adult. Because quite frankly you are not. Spotted dick is a dessert but not something we say on this website about others. Knock it off.

Silverplum

Hi Forum,

1. Is some of the jewelry in her "tower" yours?

2. Watch your language. We are not a bar.

JAVGAG

Sorry for the way I came off.

Lots of frustration on my side of this.

We just had a hearing and my wife produced her FDF.
She said on the FDF that she has 700.00 worth of jewelry and since her engagement ring alone was 5000.00 and we have been married for 22 years and together for 32,
you can imagine that there are a couple of digits missing from that disclosure. I make a decent living and all she ever asked for was more jewelry. I bought her 400 dollars worth of stuff just this past Christmas.

The jewelry is all missing now and so is a sizable collection of porcelain figurines worth thousands.

The thing is, I would have never gone after her stuff, its not in me to do that but what it has done to the way I see her now is really ugly.
I guess there is nothing to do now. I could throw this at her to make it an issue but that will just aggravate the situation further.

She has whisked the items out of the home and has stashed them somewhere
She has lied on her financial disclosure form about these assets

Sorry its all very frustrating for a man who has some honor.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect the jewelry will not be considered marital property as it was gifted to her. And while you paid $5k for the engagement ring, believe me that it is not likely worth anywhere near that amount.

Bali Hai

I suspect the jewelry will not be considered marital property as it was gifted to her. And while you paid $5k for the engagement ring, believe me that it is not likely worth anywhere near that amount.
In other words OP, you're screwed.

LdiJ

Sorry for the way I came off.

Lots of frustration on my side of this.

We just had a hearing and my wife produced her FDF.
She said on the FDF that she has 700.00 worth of jewelry and since her engagement ring alone was 5000.00 and we have been married for 22 years and together for 32,
you can imagine that there are a couple of digits missing from that disclosure. I make a decent living and all she ever asked for was more jewelry. I bought her 400 dollars worth of stuff just this past Christmas.

The jewelry is all missing now and so is a sizable collection of porcelain figurines worth thousands.

The thing is, I would have never gone after her stuff, its not in me to do that but what it has done to the way I see her now is really ugly.
I guess there is nothing to do now. I could throw this at her to make it an issue but that will just aggravate the situation further.

She has whisked the items out of the home and has stashed them somewhere
She has lied on her financial disclosure form about these assets

Sorry its all very frustrating for a man who has some honor.
I be honest, I am beginning to think that you are the one making it ugly. Jewelry is almost always considered to be personal property and therefore not a community asset. Its quite possible that her porcelain collection would also be considered to be personal property, particularly if much of the collection was received as gifts.

Its not at all uncommon to remove personal property that is important to someone, from the marital residence. I absolutely would have moved a porcelain collection from the marital residence. Tempers sometimes flare out of control in a divorce situation and when that happens, breakable items sometimes get broken.

If you own two vehicles you should have both of them registered and insured. I doubt that it is legal to do otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">