• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My wife has left my son and I and moved out of state with one of the men she had an affair with (legally she still is as we are married, correct?). Can I file for spousal support, when can I file? And what will be used to determine the amount?

Happy Trails

My wife has left my son and I and moved out of state with one of the men she had an affair with (legally she still is as we are married, correct?). Can I file for spousal support, when can I file? And what will be used to determine the amount?
This link is informative:

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/ohio/ohfaq05

If you two haven't gone through a divorce, then, yes, she still is legally your wife.

LdiJ

Dude, keep all of your questions on one thread...you will get more accurate answers. If she moved out of state (which you didn't meantion on any of your other threads today) then she no longer has her job. Where do you expect the spousal support to come from?

Farfalla

What about child support? And child custody issues?

You need to take the advice to keep in all in one thread if your situation is being discussed elsewhere... we need whole story... not bits and pieces...

Just Blue

You know...If everyone would stop encouraging this joker he would have to follow the TOS or go elsewhere.

ok everything is in this thread now. post nup?

we live close to the pa line and she has worked there for 2 years. Her "cohabitant" lives there also. This is why she has moved out of state.

Sorry if i violated any TOS. I had several questions and thought posting them in the seperate topic threads was best.

Happy Trails

You know...If everyone would stop encouraging this joker he would have to follow the TOS or go elsewhere.
You are absolutely right, I did not catch that there were numerous threads going on at the same time, until after I responded.

Thankfully, Vipers-pit understands that now.

Vipers-pit, it is easier on the volunteers here to answer your question if they have all the facts; if we have to go searching for them, it can be very time consuming for us.

Thanks for understanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">