• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal support... CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIZZ~J

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My STBX (as mentioned before) were married for three years, two children (yes there is CS being paid), and now in the process of getting divorce. We agreed to $300 amount for half the time of which we were married. However I just found out that in the actual paperwork there is nothing in writing that this should end (next month) at scheduled time/date. Apparentely neither atty noted it, his lawyer proposed it and never finished. What is the likelihood of me keeping this support? and for how long? :confused:

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My STBX (as mentioned before) were married for three years, two children (yes there is CS being paid), and now in the process of getting divorce. We agreed to $300 amount for half the time of which we were married. However I just found out that in the actual paperwork there is nothing in writing that this should end (next month) at scheduled time/date. Apparentely neither atty noted it, his lawyer proposed it and never finished. What is the likelihood of me keeping this support? and for how long? :confused:
You agreed to an amount and duration of spousal support and now want to steal more money for as long as you can do to an error? Shame on you!

I advise that you do the right thing and direct your attorney to make sure what you both agreed upon gets into the divorce decree.

CourtClerk

The OP is extremely money hungry and has umpteen posts on how she can keep money even though, even if, although..... etc. etc. etc. At some point, this has got to end.

I suggest we stop answering her posts. Clearly, we are unable to help her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">