• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal support eliminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hcaudell

Ohio, My divorce separation agreement states that if my ex "coinhabits with a member of the opposite sex" that is one incident that would eliminate the spousal support entirely. In ohio can the spousal support be eliminated if she coinhabits with a female?

Please help, thanks in advance!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ohio, My divorce separation agreement states that if my ex "coinhabits with a member of the opposite sex" that is one incident that would eliminate the spousal support entirely. In ohio can the spousal support be eliminated if she coinhabits with a female?

YOU are the one who agreed with the wording of the agreement...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If your wife is male then yes, spousal support can be stopped. Of course since Ohio is a state that does NOT recognize relationships other than a marriage between a male and a female (read the state's constitution) you are going to be paying for a long time.

LdiJ

If your wife is male then yes, spousal support can be stopped. Of course since Ohio is a state that does NOT recognize relationships other than a marriage between a male and a female (read the state's constitution) you are going to be paying for a long time.
On top of that, lets hope that you are not talking about a roommate or a family member.

Bali Hai

Here is an instance where the alimony receiving ex-wife becomes lesbian just to keep the monthly free ride rolling in!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">