• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support/extramarital affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

14369bop

What is the name of your state? GA
My wife of 4 years became pregnant just as I was going to ask for a divorce. I'm in love with another women and want to be with her but I am waiting until after the baby is born. I make $45k a year and my wife makes $25k. Our house payment plus second mortgage is about $1000. Could I be made to provide alimony (besides child support) and if so, how much? I also have an 11 year old son from a prior relationship.

rmet4nzkx

14369bop said:
What is the name of your state? GA
My wife of 4 years became pregnant just as I was going to ask for a divorce. I'm in love with another women and want to be with her but I am waiting until after the baby is born. I make $45k a year and my wife makes $25k. Our house payment plus second mortgage is about $1000. Could I be made to provide alimony (besides child support) and if so, how much? I also have an 11 year old son from a prior relationship.
Does your wife know about your affair and your plans? What is the status on your first child?

14369bop

My wife has an idea there may be someone else because I have told her that I was not happy and wanted a divorce. But she wants me to wait until the baby is born (in 3 months) to decide - she could just be building her case against me. Also, I do pay child support on my son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">