• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support if husband paid under the table

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debreb4

What is the name of your state? CA
How do I prove that my husband is making money under the table? He makes far more money this way than with his other job? I need to do this in order to obtain spousal support.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? CA
How do I prove that my husband is making money under the table? He makes far more money this way than with his other job? I need to do this in order to obtain spousal support.
What makes you think you have a case for spousal support?

debreb4

I think I'm entitled to spousal support

I don't know for sure of course if I qualify for spousal support but he has two sources of income. I, however am on disability which is about to run out. I have applied for SSI which I know takes awhile and in the meantime I could be hurting and homeless. Also, he receives rent benefits from the one job so he is doing fine. I don't want it to be this way. I don't even want a divorce.

tigger22472

I don't know for sure of course if I qualify for spousal support but he has two sources of income. I, however am on disability which is about to run out. I have applied for SSI which I know takes awhile and in the meantime I could be hurting and homeless. Also, he receives rent benefits from the one job so he is doing fine. I don't want it to be this way. I don't even want a divorce.
none of that is any grounds for spousal support

Just Blue

How long were you married??

debreb4

re getting paid under the table

I have been married 10 years. I don't see why my situation is not grounds for spousal support. He has more comming in than I do. Also, I have been told that it would be my responsibiliy to prove that he is getting paid under the table. I just don't know how to go about it.

nextwife

I have been married 10 years. I don't see why my situation is not grounds for spousal support. He has more comming in than I do. Also, I have been told that it would be my responsibiliy to prove that he is getting paid under the table. I just don't know how to go about it.
You do realize that if you've been signing Jt tax returns for less income than you NOW claim he makes, you will be admitting to having engaged in Tax Fraud, and potentially be liable for penalties and unpaid taxes? When it benefitted you, the under the table income was ok?

Last edited:

tigger22472

Yeah, especially if the money under the table is coming from drugs...lol

Where's IAAL when we need him for the Stupid Posts of the Year award? lol

debreb4

you mean people! re husband paid under the table

The money DID NOT come from drugs! My husband is an architectual draftsman. Also, I never signed a Joint Tax Return nor did I ever benefit from the money. I had a job therefore I had my own money. AND... I am not stupid!

Just Blue

The money DID NOT come from drugs! My husband is an architectual draftsman. Also, I never signed a Joint Tax Return nor did I ever benefit from the money. I had a job therefore I had my own money. AND... I am not stupid!
We are mean??:eek: You are not stupid? I thought that people that get arrested for drugs and then fail to appear in court were not too bright...my bad I guess...:rolleyes:

GrowUp!

AND... I am not stupid!
Oh, but your agenda is crystal clear. Let's see.

1. Your disability is about to run out. So now inquiring about spousal support is an issue.

2. He makes more than you, so you think you're entitled.

3. You MIGHT be hurting and homeless, so spousal support is an issue. That's HIS problem because....? :rolleyes:

To quote a song from the early 90's..."things that make you go hmmm."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">