• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI and Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ancyn

I have just started to receive SSDI at the same time as my spousal support was scheduled to increase. I have been told Alimony is based on need here in California. As well as the standard of living during my 20 year marriage. I have no other means of income. Do you know of any resource that can give me some guidelines for spousal support. The opposing attorney is stating that my support should go down even though I will still be below 30,000 a year whereas while married we had income of over 120,000. Thanks.

Bali Hai

I have just started to receive SSDI at the same time as my spousal support was scheduled to increase. I have been told Alimony is based on need here in California. As well as the standard of living during my 20 year marriage. I have no other means of income. Do you know of any resource that can give me some guidelines for spousal support. The opposing attorney is stating that my support should go down even though I will still be below 30,000 a year whereas while married we had income of over 120,000. Thanks.
Well that's because there were two of you in the marriage.

Now that there is only one of you due to divorce, the $120k has gone bye-bye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">