• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

de4us6

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello,

I have a couple of questions and hope I am posting them in the right area. My husband decided about 1 1/2 months ago that he wanted to separate so I have moved into my own place with our 2 children ages 5months and 2yrs. We have been married about 15months but we lived together for 2yrs before that. Well at first he agreed to pay me a certain amount each week, he has failed to pay that and now is getting kicked out of his place and is trying to find a room for him to rent. My questions are am I entitled to spousal support and child support. I did not want to file but since my spouse is not keeping up with his end of the bargain, I feel I have no choice but to do so. During our time together, I was a stay at home mom because he that is the way he wanted it.
Thank you

CourtClerk

You are not entitled to spousal support for a 1 year marriage. Not a dime.

Was paternity established for the 2 year old? He is responsible for supporting his children.

CourtClerk

Then file for divorce and request a child support order. Again, you are entitled to nothing as far as spousal support is concerned.

tuffbrk

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello,

I have a couple of questions and hope I am posting them in the right area. My husband decided about 1 1/2 months ago that he wanted to separate so I have moved into my own place with our 2 children ages 5months and 2yrs. We have been married about 15months but we lived together for 2yrs before that. Well at first he agreed to pay me a certain amount each week, he has failed to pay that and now is getting kicked out of his place and is trying to find a room for him to rent. My questions are am I entitled to spousal support and child support. I did not want to file but since my spouse is not keeping up with his end of the bargain, I feel I have no choice but to do so. During our time together, I was a stay at home mom because he that is the way he wanted it.
Thank you
Silly. You shouldn't have moved out! Have your attorney file for pendente lite support while you are looking for work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">