• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminate spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbeigh

What is the name of your state? Ohio My ex wife and I were only married for 2 years. 1 year living together and 1 year apart. I would like to have my spousal support payment terminated.

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Ohio My ex wife and I were only married for 2 years. 1 year living together and 1 year apart. I would like to have my spousal support payment terminated.
How was spousal support even ordered if you were only married for two years? Did you agree to it? If so, what does your agreement state regarding the termination of spousal support?

Bali Hai

How was spousal support even ordered if you were only married for two years? Did you agree to it? If so, what does your agreement state regarding the termination of spousal support?
Good question!! Even if agreed to, the judge who signed the rediculous order should have been looking out for the husband as much as they were looking out for the wife!!

But we ALL know damn well that judges are ONLY looking out for the wife in agreed to divorce settlements!! I can cite NUMEROUS examples!!

penelope10

Good question!! Even if agreed to, the judge who signed the rediculous order should have been looking out for the husband as much as they were looking out for the wife!!

But we ALL know damn well that judges are ONLY looking out for the wife in agreed to divorce settlements!! I can cite NUMEROUS examples!!
Although, we are starting to see the tide turn in some states regarding this. I think a good question would also be where was your attorney during all of this? I can't imagine a judge ordering SS for such a short term marriage.

(And now Penelope will go into hiding before Bali rips her a new one, LOL!!!):D

Bali Hai

Although, we are starting to see the tide turn in some states regarding this. I think a good question would also be where was your attorney during all of this? I can't imagine a judge ordering SS for such a short term marriage.

(And now Penelope will go into hiding before Bali rips her a new one, LOL!!!):D
Ahhh, don't worry Penelope, you're one of my favorites here, and besides, right now I couldn't be a further distance from US women!!;):)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">