• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transitional Spousal Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wookumus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR
I have been advised by several lawyers that I will likely owe transitional spousal support to my husband due to my higher income even though he voluntarily works part-time. I can't fight reality but I am trying to get a grasp on amount and duration, any calculators out there for that? Does it matter that he has repeatedly lost large sums of our money due to get-rich-quick schemes? Or that I am also the primary caregiver to our 2 children? And what are your thoughts on lump sum payments for these cases? I will have to re-fi my home to pay out his portion and would rather roll it all together unless there is a good reason (other than interest) not to? Thanks, in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">