• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transitional Spousal Support extension?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jabenero2531

What is the name of your state? OR
What are the chances of transitional spousal support being extended to my ex wife, when I have a termination date of July 2005? The support was only ordered because she is going to school and July 2005 was her date of graduation from Nursing school. I have found out she failed the Fall term of her 2nd of 2 years in the Nursing program and now needs to retake her 2nd year starting Fall 2005, so realistically, if she doesnt fail the second time, her graduation would be July 2006. I just want to cover my butt if she tries to pursue legal action to have an extension through 2006, and what are her chances of succeeding on getting an extension?

Jabenero2531

I did state that!! I said that it terminates July 2005, meaning that in my divorce decree it states that Transitional spousal support will be paid through July 2005. All I want to know is what her chances of getting an extension for a longer period of time are? She was, in my "opinion", given an opportunity by the judge the first time and I dont think that I should have to suffer and pay for a longer period of time because she failed!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">