• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unjust and unfair spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynsue22

I live in PA but ex moved to AZ after I filed for divorce and she contested it. We were married a total of almost 8yrs but only lived together for not even 2yrs. Everything was filed for here in PA , child support (we have one child) spousal support, and divorce. I was not able to attend the divorce proceedings due to monatary reasons since it was across the country. I never payed the spousal support that was put in the decree now the state of AZ is attaching my wages. . I did not agree to anything in this court order. She was 28yrs old at the time , working and living with her parents so my child was taken care of by her grandmother. I need some advice of what I can do about this. What is the name of your state?AZ

AHA

lynsue22 said:
I live in PA but ex moved to AZ after I filed for divorce and she contested it. We were married a total of almost 8yrs but only lived together for not even 2yrs. Everything was filed for here in PA , child support (we have one child) spousal support, and divorce. I was not able to attend the divorce proceedings due to monatary reasons since it was across the country. I never payed the spousal support that was put in the decree now the state of AZ is attaching my wages. . I did not agree to anything in this court order. She was 28yrs old at the time , working and living with her parents so my child was taken care of by her grandmother. I need some advice of what I can do about this. What is the name of your state?AZ
You don't have to "agree" to paying. A judge said you have to pay, so that's what's happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">