• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very unique case of spousal abandonment. I'm in dire need of advice, thanks.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLove

Oh, and let me also add, once he got his over 20 grand in back pay, I was the one telling him to keep that money on a savings account in order to have some financial stability until the moment I got here and start working with him. I never wanted him to have any worries or stress.

Even though he KNEW perfectly all the moral and economic debt that we both have towards my parents (specially HIM, for it was MY family who always supported him while his own blood could not care less if he was alive or dead), he decided to spend that money on tattoos, strippers and gifts for the paramour. Truly an example of honor, commitment and integrity, huh?

We also had a joint bank account that I never once even bothered to check. Such was my trust towards the "man" I married.

JLove

That comment of yours shows a whole hell of a lot of ignorance.
A) I am not a man.
B) I am an attorney.
C) You EARNED more than he during the marriage so yes, spousal support with you paying him is definitely a possibility.
D) Try not being stupid, arrogant or insulting in your postings.
A) I tend to not pay much attention to people's handles, my bad
B) Good. I am a mechanic.
C) He was the one lying, cheating, deceiving and abandoning. One would think that those facts have some weight, but I could also be wrong.
D) Far from my intentions. I came to this forum asking for legal advice on my situation. I'm merely stating the facts.

JLove

Hogwash! The FACT is that the man has PTSD. Your OPINION is that he doesn't. Get it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Since when is PTSD an excuse to act like an ungrateful *******? Hmmm

I've known many people with REAL PTSD who have become outstanding and productive members of society. I've seen people with REAL sequels of war (read amputations, bad burns and horrible scars) who have gone balls to the wall and overcome their issues without ever forsaking their families.

PTSD is not the issue here. Being a worthless piece of garbage is. If you are unable to see that my friend, I don't know what to tell you.

Try having everything you always put your best into (in my case, my husband and my marriage) taken away from you at the blink of an eye. Try to find closure afterwards on your own because the person you trusted with your life would not have the decency of giving it to you, and would turn you into his bad object rage for no reason at all other than running away with as much as he possibly can without any consequences.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I've known many people with REAL PTSD who have become outstanding and productive members of society. I've seen people with REAL sequels of war (read amputations, bad burns and horrible scars) who have gone balls to the wall and overcome their issues without ever forsaking their families.

PTSD is not the issue here. Being a worthless piece of garbage is. If you are unable to see that my friend, I don't know what to tell you.

Try having everything you always put your best into (in my case, my husband and my marriage) taken away from you at the blink of an eye. Try to find closure afterwards on your own because the person you trusted with your life would not have the decency of giving it to you, and would turn you into his bad object rage for no reason at all other than running away with as much as he possibly can without any consequences.
^^^ THIS is why you need counseling.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Since when did ANYBODY here say that? Hmmm

You're projecting. Don't do that.

You made it an issue. You raised the issue all by yourself. Why is that?

You need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">