• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What county do I file child service assistance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LyndaRose

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex is in his fourth motion for contempt and enforcement, it has been only a year and a half. I have contacted child servies and filled out the necessary paperwork for assistance as he is always late, or doesn't pay all of the child support and alimony owed to me.

My question is, I was married and divorced in Broward County, I now reside in Clay County, I was told by child services here in Clay County, that my paperwork must be transferred down to Broward as Clay county is unable to give me assistance. Is this true, that child services in broward must handle my case since I was divorced there, or can any county help since it is within the same state?

If I need to file in Broward with child services, is there a way to get my case transferred up to Clay County as I am disabled and its difficult for me to make the trips back and fourth to south Florda? If so, how do I go about transferring my case from Broward up to where I live in Clay county?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex is in his fourth motion for contempt and enforcement, it has been only a year and a half. I have contacted child servies and filled out the necessary paperwork for assistance as he is always late, or doesn't pay all of the child support and alimony owed to me.

My question is, I was married and divorced in Broward County, I now reside in Clay County, I was told by child services here in Clay County, that my paperwork must be transferred down to Broward as Clay county is unable to give me assistance. Is this true, that child services in broward must handle my case since I was divorced there, or can any county help since it is within the same state?

If I need to file in Broward with child services, is there a way to get my case transferred up to Clay County as I am disabled and its difficult for me to make the trips back and fourth to south Florda? If so, how do I go about transferring my case from Broward up to where I live in Clay county?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Does your ex still live in Broward county?
If so, the case will be in Broward. You can speak to your caseworker about appearing at hearings telephonically.

If not, the case can be transferred to either your ex's county or yours.

LyndaRose

Hello Gracie3787:

No, my former husband moved last year to Port St. Lucie County. I wonder how I would get the case transferred to my county in Clay? Any advise how I can go about it, truely appreciate your help and anybody else out there. Lynda

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">