• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mggs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I moved recently and contacted my X regarding an address change. I sent a letter certified mail,stating I had moved and to send my spousal maintenance payments to a PO box I have. He was sending payments faithfully until he received my correspondence. I was supposed to receive payment on the first of the month, and have not received it. How should I handle this situation if I don't receive payment in a few days. I am hoping I don't have to go thru an attorney, because I can't afford it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I moved recently and contacted my X regarding an address change. I sent a letter certified mail,stating I had moved and to send my spousal maintenance payments to a PO box I have. He was sending payments faithfully until he received my correspondence. I was supposed to receive payment on the first of the month, and have not received it. How should I handle this situation if I don't receive payment in a few days. I am hoping I don't have to go thru an attorney, because I can't afford it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Did you recieve the return reciept back yet, indicating he has recieved it? Have you also forwarded your mail?

I presume there are no minor child custody/moveaway issues involved?

mggs

What to do

Sorry I thought I mentioned I did receive a return receipt signed by him. My mail has been forwarded to me for about one month now. The last payment I received from him was forwarded. I had not notified him yet that I had an address change. There are no children involved

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">