• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a masters hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gizmo7302

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
what is a masters hearing and is it absolutely necessary to attend?
i did not attend the support conference for suppot and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. this is for spousal support, neither my husband nor i have filed for divorce yet because i feel he is the one who threw me out so he should be the one to file if he wants to end the marriage

LdiJ

gizmo7302 said:
i did not attend the support conference for suppot and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. this is for spousal support, neither my husband nor i have filed for divorce yet because i feel he is the one who threw me out so he should be the one to file if he wants to end the marriage
Well someone has filed something....or there wouldn't be a hearing scheduled. It was foolish not to show up at the conference and it would be exceedingly foolish not to show up at the hearing.

smiley316

gizmo7302 said:

Yes, evidently someone filed. What I don't understand is what happened to the masters conference? That's usually before the masters hearing. A masters hearing is (I do believe) a divorce trial. If a divorce wasn't filed for, how was there a spousal support conference. Last I knew, you couldn't file for spousal support unless you filed for divorce. I may be wrong.

gizmo7302

masters hearing

im from pennsylvania. i was told that a person here can file for spousal support even when no divorce has been filed. there was a support conference and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. what does thi hearing consist of and what will it determine?

LdiJ

gizmo7302 said:
im from pennsylvania. i was told that a person here can file for spousal support even when no divorce has been filed. there was a support conference and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. what does thi hearing consist of and what will it determine?
That information should be on the paperwork that you were served for the hearing. The hearing will address whatever the paperwork asks the court to address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">