+ Reply to Thread
    gizmo7302 is offline Junior Member

Question What is a masters hearing

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
    what is a masters hearing and is it absolutely necessary to attend?
    i did not attend the support conference for suppot and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. this is for spousal support, neither my husband nor i have filed for divorce yet because i feel he is the one who threw me out so he should be the one to file if he wants to end the marriage
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo7302
    i did not attend the support conference for suppot and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. this is for spousal support, neither my husband nor i have filed for divorce yet because i feel he is the one who threw me out so he should be the one to file if he wants to end the marriage
    Well someone has filed something....or there wouldn't be a hearing scheduled. It was foolish not to show up at the conference and it would be exceedingly foolish not to show up at the hearing.
    smiley316 is offline Junior Member

Yes, evidently someone filed. What I don't understand is what happened to the masters conference? That's usually before the masters hearing. A masters hearing is (I do believe) a divorce trial. If a divorce wasn't filed for, how was there a spousal support conference. Last I knew, you couldn't file for spousal support unless you filed for divorce. I may be wrong.
    gizmo7302 is offline Junior Member

Question masters hearing

im from pennsylvania. i was told that a person here can file for spousal support even when no divorce has been filed. there was a support conference and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. what does thi hearing consist of and what will it determine?
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    im from pennsylvania. i was told that a person here can file for spousal support even when no divorce has been filed. there was a support conference and now a masters hearing has been scheduled. what does thi hearing consist of and what will it determine?
    That information should be on the paperwork that you were served for the hearing. The hearing will address whatever the paperwork asks the court to address.