• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my rights when a notarized statement is signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anita kennedy

What is the name of your state?north carolina
my husband abandoned me and my daughters 5 months ago, we signed and notarized an agreement in which he was to pay me 250.00 every two weeks. he did so until thanksgiving and decided he wanted to come back home. i suggested to him that he would have to convince me that he was sincere and that i would take him back under certain conditions. his return home was bogus and was just trying to find a way out of continuing to pay me the 250.00 every two weeks. he claimed that his lawyer told him that since i let him come back home no matter the conditions that our original was null and void. my question is whether he is right and is he no longer obligated to give me any support? when he first left i was disabled and sick and had no means of support. i would also like to know what my options are since i have no money for a lawyer.

Well, rest assure Ma'am that your child[ren] will get something. To find out what they deserve go to the Carlina Child Support Calc. and punch in the numbers and see what they say. I am sure two children with a stay at home parent is going to be greater than .5k. In regards to spousal maint, you would have to look the definintions up in your statutes (annotated) and see what the qualifications are and the history that supports it if you are unclear. You have the same opportunity to resolve these issues even though you do not have an attorney, you are just going to have to learn the game a lot quicker and do not give in on anything until you can go home and think about it, of course, that does not include when you are in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">