• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When will the Spousal Maintenance end?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robandcasondra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

keywords: spousal maintenance spousal support

I am 27, ex wife same age. I was married for seven years. A temporary order for child support and spousal maintenance was awarded to my ex in June, 2007. It is now July, 2008 and finally, August 1st, we have a settlement conference.

She has been receiving $500.00 bi-weekly in spousal maintenance and $500.00 bi-weekly in child support for a little over a year now.

She has a college degree and is working towards another degree. She worked very little during our marriage however.

From my perspective, being that she is young, has a degree and a vehicle she should be working and no longer collecting spousal maintenance at this point.

The spousal maintenance formula in Washington is so un-clear and I have been having problems finding any decent, clear information regarding this topic.

How long can she pay her rent and shop off of my paycheck? Can I request this spousal maintenance be terminated, if yes, what forms do I use? I see no forms specific to spousal maintenance on http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/index.cfm

Any real help would be truly appreciated. Unfortunately because she is receiving half of my paycheck I cannot afford an attorney, Ironic.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">