• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife was pregnant and had an abortion now trying to prove infidelity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moneymaker

I was married for 1 1/2 years. When i told my wife that i wanted a divorce, she stated she was pregnant. We had been living apart at the time of conception. She deceided to have an abortion and i drove her to the procedure. Now we are divorcing and she is sueing me for alimony. I have recently confirmed that i have a very low sperm count. We used no contraception during the marriage and crazy she gets preg while we are apart. How can i prove infidelity to defend my claims against paying alimony?

Proserpina

I was married for 1 1/2 years. When i told my wife that i wanted a divorce, she stated she was pregnant. We had been living apart at the time of conception. She deceided to have an abortion and i drove her to the procedure. Now we are divorcing and she is sueing me for alimony. I have recently confirmed that i have a very low sperm count. We used no contraception during the marriage and crazy she gets preg while we are apart. How can i prove infidelity to defend my claims against paying alimony?

US law only.

mistoffolees

Her pregnancy (whether real or not) or infidelity may have nothing to do with whether you'll pay alimony or not - it depends on the state. However, it is unlikely that you'll be paying alimony for such a short marriage, anyway in most states.

Oh, and btw, a low sperm count doesn't mean she can't get pregnant. It only takes one.

Please answer the following questions if you want help:
- What state do you live it?
- What is your approximate income?
- What is her approximate income?
- If she is not working now, what was her income before you got married?

cyjeff

And also include if she is a US citizen and, if not, whether or not you are sponsoring her petition.

nextwife

An 18 MONTH marriage, some of which you were already living apart and she wants alimony? Wow, I've had stuff in my freezer longer than that!

REALLY: fight alimony due to being an incredibly short term marriage, regardless of income (unless you brought her on a fiancee visa or otherwise sponsored her into the US). She can go back to doing whatever she was previously doing before the marriage.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

A 30 MONTH marriage, some of which you were already living apart and she wants alimony? Wow, I've had stuff in my freezer longer than that!

REALLY: fight alimony due to being an incredibly short term marriage, regardless of income (unless you brought her on a fiancee visa or otherwise sponsored her into the US). She can go back to doing whatever she was previously doing before the marriage.
Yes, but a woman determined to get alimony is like herpes or athlete's foot, you can temporarily make them go away, but, they always return until you die.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">