• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will i have to pay??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armybound83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i currently live in indiana, im 24 and have been married about 3 years. im going back into the army soon and figure that will be the best time for me to divorce. i have been the sole bread winner for most of our marriage. ive made anywhere between 16k and 19k a year since weve been married. in the army my base pay will be about 1600 a month. what are the chances of having to pay and roughly how much? can i fight alimony?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i currently live in indiana, im 24 and have been married about 3 years. im going back into the army soon and figure that will be the best time for me to divorce. i have been the sole bread winner for most of our marriage. ive made anywhere between 16k and 19k a year since weve been married. in the army my base pay will be about 1600 a month. what are the chances of having to pay and roughly how much? can i fight alimony?
you can fight alimoney. your's is a short term marriage. depending on your state.

stick around for other seniors. i only know what i have read so far.

LdiJ

With a three year marriage and your level of income, there is almost no chance that you would be ordered to pay any alimony, not even while the divorce is pending.

nextwife

She could surely get a job paying her as much as she'd get as alimony. You don't have enough income to support two households or alimony payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">