• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Without Spousal Support 2 months after restraining order removed husband from home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DonnaM

What is the name of your state? OR I hired a lawyer who told me that I would get all of the bills paid as soon as he was evicted from the home from his physical abuse which I got the restraining order for. He has not paid anything in the two months since. He has turned off the electricity and phone which I have had to go without while having to have it turned on again in my name. He has not had to pay any fines or has not had to have them turned back on in his name yet. I would like to know if I should hire another lawyer to get something done about this. I am currently only making $147 a week since I am disabled and cannot afford to pay the high utility bills here since it is a very large home. My husband makes over $40,000 a year.

Last edited:

moburkes

If you cannot afford the bills on your own, then you need to contact the county, explain that you are separated, and that you need government assistance. You also need to move. You ask if you should hire another attorney, but, if you have the money for an attorney, then you have the money to move or get the utility payments made.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? OR I hired a lawyer who told me that I would get all of the bills paid as soon as he was evicted from the home from his physical abuse which I got the restraining order for. He has not paid anything in the two months since. He has turned off the electricity and phone which I have had to go without while having to have it turned on again in my name. He has not had to pay any fines or has not had to have them turned back on in his name yet. I would like to know if I should hire another lawyer to get something done about this. I am currently only making $147 a week since I am disabled and cannot afford to pay the high utility bills here since it is a very large home. My husband makes over $40,000 a year.
Is there a court order requiring him to pay for everything?

DonnaM

more info

Yes, there is a court order for him to pay all the bills. He is not even paying the house payments as I understand.

Shay-Pari'e

Going to court for a restraining order does not resolve it's self in orders of spousal support or who pay's the bills while still married.

I see you edited your post regarding the spousal support.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

This post is a joke.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, there is a court order for him to pay all the bills. He is not even paying the house payments as I understand.
HOw is the order worded? And is he willfully not paying or does he not have the money to pay -- because you see since he is not in the house he had to find his own residence and is responsible for the bills there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">