• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaston Bell

Atlanta,GA
My 16 year old got into some trouble at school, he went into the boys locker room and stole a phone, and admited that to the administrators and school police officer. My question is, what is his likely punishment. This is his first offense,and the first time he has ever done anything like this, this is also not his home school but a school that was he was allowed to attend because I drive the school bus for the county, and he's not going to a juvenile court, he's going to a disiplinary panal which will decide his punishment, they have him for stealing private property, selling the stolen property, Loitering, and burglary. So with all that said and done and with this being his first offense what kind of punishment or what is likely punishment he will be facing

Thanks for all replies, and God Bless

Two Bit

If they're taking it to a hearing, they probably think it's pretty serious, since the administrators could give him a suspension of a few days on their own authority. The range of punishments is likely to be a suspnsion or an expulsion. He may be given an oppertunity to go to an alternative school if he gets a long term suspension or an expulsion.

I don't know why the officer isn't charging him with the theft. In my school, if I investigate a crime, I almost always charge. The school can do administrative investigations on their own.

BTW, I don't see how he can be charged with burglary. Burglary requires that you enter or remain in a building without authority to do so with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein. If he attends school there, and this happened duirng school hours, then as a matter of law he couldn't commit the crime of bruglary. He really couldn't be loitering either. I'd like to hear more about this.

Last edited:

Jaston Bell

Well, he has work studies and it was during a time in which he was released early, this is also his first offense, and he also returned the phone in which he stole

Jaston Bell

And as I also stated, this isn't his home school, he doesn't live in the district of the school he was attending, he was on a permissive transfer which allowed him to attend this school because I drive a school bus and work for the county

Well here where I live. You do something like that you go to jail overnight and then get sent to the school for the "bad kids" for a few months

JETX

Jaston Bell said:
So with all that said and done and with this being his first offense what kind of punishment or what is likely punishment he will be facing
Contrary to other GUESSES.... the ONLY accurate answer is.... no one can answer your question. Punishment, if any, will be determined ENTIRELY by the court or panel that hears the issue within the limits of their authority. I strongly suggest you get him a GOOD defense attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">