• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 and charged w/vol manslaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbrooks05

What is the name of your state?OH mY 17 YEAR OLD SON CAME HOME IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING BECAUSE HE HAD BEEN ATTACKED AT A FRIENDS HOUSE BY SEVEREAL OTHER TEENS ONE WITH A KNIFE MY SON ALSO HAD A KNIFE (POCKET) THE FRIENDS MOTHER BROKE UP THE FIGHT AND SENT THEM AWAY MY SON DID NOT WANT TO CAUSE ANY MORE TROUBLE AND CAME HOME TO FIND TWO OF THE BOYS ON OUR PORCH THEY STARTING FIGHTING MY SONS SHIRT WAS PULLED OVER HIS HEAD AND MY SON GOT SCARED AND PULLED HIS KNIFE AND ONE OF THE BOYS DIED. OUR COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY TOLD US TO TAKE THE TEN YR PLEA BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST OPTION WE HAD THERE WAS NOT TALK OF SELF DEFENCE OR EVEN INVOL MANSLAUGHTER, AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WASN'T MY DECSION TO MAKE IT WAS MY SONS. :( :confused: :mad:

panzertanker

sbrooks05 said:
What is the name of your state?OH mY 17 YEAR OLD SON CAME HOME IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING BECAUSE HE HAD BEEN ATTACKED AT A FRIENDS HOUSE BY SEVEREAL OTHER TEENS ONE WITH A KNIFE MY SON ALSO HAD A KNIFE (POCKET) THE FRIENDS MOTHER BROKE UP THE FIGHT AND SENT THEM AWAY MY SON DID NOT WANT TO CAUSE ANY MORE TROUBLE AND CAME HOME TO FIND TWO OF THE BOYS ON OUR PORCH THEY STARTING FIGHTING MY SONS SHIRT WAS PULLED OVER HIS HEAD AND MY SON GOT SCARED AND PULLED HIS KNIFE AND ONE OF THE BOYS DIED. OUR COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY TOLD US TO TAKE THE TEN YR PLEA BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST OPTION WE HAD THERE WAS NOT TALK OF SELF DEFENCE OR EVEN INVOL MANSLAUGHTER, AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WASN'T MY DECSION TO MAKE IT WAS MY SONS. :( :confused: :mad:
First, don't use all caps it makes it hard to read.
Second, do you have a question?
:confused:

rmet4nzkx

Is your son being tried as an adult?
Can you fill in the facts?
You left out some important facts.
Please include when you called the police when these punks showed up on your porch and laid in wait for your son.
What is the plea bargin for, what charge?
Your son killed someone with his knife, surely this is not the first clue that he was running with the wrong crowd, is it?
He wasn't in his Boy Scout Uniform with his BSA pen knife was he?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">