• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17Yr old caught with 13 yr old girlfriend.help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUMHAL

What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA

My 17 yr old son was caught with 13 yr old girlfriend. Was arrested and taken to jail. Was bonded out the next day by us and was given a court date. What is going to happen to him now. Is there possiblity he will just get fined or probation. The girl was a willing participant and also has continued to try to contact him since we got him out of jail. We are not allowing him to come into contact with her and he doesn't desire to.
What is going to happen? any ideas
worried to death

BelizeBreeze

SUMHAL said:

My 17 yr old son was caught with 13 yr old girlfriend. Was arrested and taken to jail. Was bonded out the next day by us and was given a court date. What is going to happen to him now. Is there possiblity he will just get fined or probation. The girl was a willing participant and also has continued to try to contact him since we got him out of jail. We are not allowing him to come into contact with her and he doesn't desire to.
What is going to happen? any ideas
worried to death
CAUGHT WITH? As in, his pants down and her kissing his little friend, her skirts up and he doing pushups?

If any derivation of the above, he's headed to jail and an exclusive club called sexual offenders list.

AHA

SUMHAL said:
The girl was a willing participant
She is a child and legally can't make such a decision. If you were the mother of the 13 year old child, you most likely wouldn't hold her responsible for a much older person's activities with her either.

You send me!

SUMHAL said:

My 17 yr old son was caught with 13 yr old girlfriend.

My response:

A perfect example of Dufus people behavior!

There MUST be a trailer somewhere in this story . . .

IAAL

SUMHAL

Son should be punished but not jailed

Louisiana-
Yes he was caught in bed with her snuggled up. I am in no way saying that he is innocent in the situation, but neither is this little girl. When we first met this girl she told us that she was 14 yrs old,when she was actually 12. He unfortunately had told her parents he was 14yrs old too, when he was actually 16. When i found out the age of the girl, i went to her parents to end them trying to date. That was her agreement as well, but then the mother kept contacting me saying that the girl threatened to kill herself so could I just let them talk on the phone. I told her no. And apparently, they began a "behind our backs" dating.
I caught the girl sneaking out to my house in the middle of the night in the truck she snuck out from her moms. I live a long distance from their home. I sent her away and informed her mother. I believe he should learn a lesson from this. But i dont think he should spend a long period of time in jail or the like.

BelizeBreeze

SUMHAL said:
Louisiana-
Yes he was caught in bed with her snuggled up. I am in no way saying that he is innocent in the situation, but neither is this little girl. When we first met this girl she told us that she was 14 yrs old,when she was actually 12. He unfortunately had told her parents he was 14yrs old too, when he was actually 16. When i found out the age of the girl, i went to her parents to end them trying to date. That was her agreement as well, but then the mother kept contacting me saying that the girl threatened to kill herself so could I just let them talk on the phone. I told her no. And apparently, they began a "behind our backs" dating.
I caught the girl sneaking out to my house in the middle of the night in the truck she snuck out from her moms. I live a long distance from their home. I sent her away and informed her mother. I believe he should learn a lesson from this. But i dont think he should spend a long period of time in jail or the like.
You are blaming the CHILD. Forget how Disgusting that is. Your son knew better. Under the law he is responsible and will answer for his sexual assault. Yep. ask your attorney.

AHA

SUMHAL said:
When we first met this girl she told us that she was 14 yrs old,when she was actually 12.
14 is still legally a child, so that lie of hers is no defense.

You send me!

SUMHAL said:
Louisiana-

My response:

Well, of course you don't think so! That's because you're a Dufus, trailer trash, idiot!

Say good-bye to Sonny Boy!

IAAL

SUMHAL

Careful with the judgement

My son was a child too when their relationship first developed. They both felt like they were in love, and both said this. My son was 2 yrs behind in school and was on medication for ADHD and was hanging around with his peers when he met her.
Some of you are trying to make him out to be a predator monster, well he isn't, he's a kid just like she is. He was a virgin when he met her, and she is the only person that he has ever been with. He thought he was in love. However, he was the 2nd boy that she had been with. Sometimes you have to know the whole story before u can pass judgement.
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone".

SUMHAL

You Send Me

You send me! said:
My response:

Well, of course you don't think so! That's because you're a Dufus, trailer trash, idiot!

Say good-bye to Sonny Boy!

IAAL
OBVIOUSLY TO SAY THAT , YOU MUST BE PRETTY UNEDUCATED, AND WOULD RECOGNIZE TRAILER TRASH. DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.

BelizeBreeze

SUMHAL said:
My son was a child too when their relationship first developed. They both felt like they were in love, and both said this. My son was 2 yrs behind in school and was on medication for ADHD and was hanging around with his peers when he met her.
Some of you are trying to make him out to be a predator monster, well he isn't, he's a kid just like she is. He was a virgin when he met her, and she is the only person that he has ever been with. He thought he was in love. However, he was the 2nd boy that she had been with. Sometimes you have to know the whole story before u can pass judgement.
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone".
These are excuses. Nothing more. And do NOT mitigate the issues.

instead of trying to figure out a way for your son NOT to take responsibility, your time would be better spend getting him an attorney.

He WILL most likely go to jail. And what he does with his time, either making excuses or realizing he is responsible, will decide if he turns into a sexual preditor or learns something.

Happy Trails

From Louisiana statutes:

RS 14:80

PART V. OFFENSES AFFECTING THE PUBLIC MORALS

SUBPART A. OFFENSES AFFECTING SEXUAL

IMMORALITY

1. SEXUAL OFFENSES AFFECTING MINORS

§80. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile

A. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile is committed when:

(1) A person who is nineteen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

(2) A person who is seventeen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than fifteen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

(3) A person commits a second or subsequent offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile, or a person who has been convicted one or more times of violating one or more crimes for which the offender is required to register as a sex offender under R.S. 15:542 commits a first offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile.

B. As used in this Section, "sexual intercourse" means anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse.

C. Lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense. Emission is not necessary, and penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.

D. Whoever commits the crime of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years, or both, provided that the defendant shall not be eligible to have his conviction set aside or his prosecution dismissed in accordance with the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 893.
Amended by Acts 1977, No. 539, §1; Acts 1978, No. 757, §1; Acts 1990, No. 590, §1; Acts 1995, No. 241, §1; Acts 2001, No. 796, §1.

SUMHAL

BelizeBreeze said:
These are excuses. Nothing more. And do NOT mitigate the issues.

instead of trying to figure out a way for your son NOT to take responsibility, your time would be better spend getting him an attorney.

He WILL most likely go to jail. And what he does with his time, either making excuses or realizing he is responsible, will decide if he turns into a sexual preditor or learns something.
I RESPECT YOUR OPINION, AND HE WILL PAY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED, BUT IN THE END, SO WILL ANOTHER GUY, BECAUSE THE GIRLS MOTHER DOESN'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER DAUGHTER EITHER. WHEN IT WAS first DISCOVERED, I DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE HE STAYED AWAY FROM HER. UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT GET THE SAME RESPONSE FROM HER PARENTS. THEY DID NOTHING TO HELP.
THE FIRST BOY SHE SLEPT WITH WAS ACCUSED OF RAPE, WHEN SHE WAS AT A DRINKING PARTY WITH HIM, UNSUPERVISED. THAT BOY WAS 15, SHE WAS 12.
SOMEONE SHOULD take responsibility for girls like her as well.

AHA

SUMHAL said:
Sometimes you have to know the whole story before u can pass judgement.
We know what you have chosen to tell us and based on that info alone, he is a sexual predator. Again, you wouldn't be so predator friendly if you were the mother of the daughter, I'm sure, so accept that there will be harsh consequences for your much older son.

AHA

SUMHAL said:
I RESPECT YOUR OPINION, AND HE WILL PAY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED, BUT IN THE END, SO WILL ANOTHER GUY, BECAUSE THE GIRLS MOTHER DOESN'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER DAUGHTER EITHER. WHEN IT WAS first DISCOVERED, I DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE HE STAYED AWAY FROM HER. UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT GET THE SAME RESPONSE FROM HER PARENTS. THEY DID NOTHING TO HELP.
THE FIRST BOY SHE SLEPT WITH WAS ACCUSED OF RAPE, WHEN SHE WAS AT A DRINKING PARTY WITH HIM, UNSUPERVISED. THAT BOY WAS 15, SHE WAS 12.
SOMEONE SHOULD take responsibility for girls like her as well.
It is not your job to raise someone else's kid, it IS your job to raise YOUR kid to not take advantage of someone a lot younger or a minor no matter how much she "offers herself".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">