• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old son arrested & charged with assault w/deadly weapon Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magnolia50

It's his first offense. He pulled a butterfly knife on someone he said was tailgating him and threatened to "cut them". They called the police. He was arrested. He is in jail and will be going before the judge tomorrow and possibly post bail.

What can I expect?

Sign me,
One very sad Mother

racer72

Of the 10 stupidest thing one can do in life, your son just hit number 6. He needs a good lawyer now, he could be looking at a long time in jail.

Antigone*

Don't tip toe around my feelings.
One thing racer does not do is tip toe. He is flat out stomping his feet and telling you to get your son an attorney. This could be very serious, and seeing that you haven't posted the statute number he was charged with, we can only imagine.

Magnolia50

When the best plea bargain is STILL a felony, the time for tip toeing is past.
I'm no shrinking violet. I've simply had a rough day today and could use a gentler tone when communicating the 'facts'.

I don't know what you mean when you ask for a statute number or I would provide that for you.

I'm online tonight doing a little arm chair research. I ran across this forum and thought maybe you guys might have a little insight.

Thanks though.

Magnolia50

He will be charged under a specific statute.

Let us know what that is.
I simply don't know. I've not talked to anyone since the police took him away. I will be going to court tomorrow. I will find out then. But, then I will also know what is going to happen and this entire conversation will become moot at that point. In the interim, I was hoping for a little insight to assuage my anxiety right now.

Thanks anyway, though.

Antigone*

I simply don't know. I've not talked to anyone since the police took him away. I will be going to court tomorrow. I will find out then. But, then I will also know what is going to happen and this entire conversation will become moot at that point. In the interim, I was hoping for a little insight to assuage my anxiety right now.

Thanks anyway, though.
Sorry magnolia but to assuage anxiety right now you might try Dr. Phil.com. We offer answers to legal questions and give advice, not hugs and support.

I'd concentrate my efforts on finding a criminal defense attorney for him.

Magnolia50

Sorry magnolia but to assuage anxiety right now you might try Dr. Phil.com. We offer answers to legal questions and give advice, not hugs and support.

I'd concentrate my efforts on finding a criminal defense attorney for him.

It is possible to answer any and all questions with a little consideration. Thanks for the info. I'll take note.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">