• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time offense, resisting police and public intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skylon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was arrested for resisting police 148.1(A)(1) PC, and 647 (F)PC. I went through processing in jail, but eventually got released with those who were charged with being intoxicated in public. I did not get booked in jail, but I am required to go to court. What kind of penalty should I expect for these offenses? I cannot afford an attorney and I am looking to have a public defender. I am thinking of pleading no contest. How will this affect my penalties. I don't think I will end up in jail, but perhaps a fine/probation. Does anyone know how about how much will this cost?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Is there any chance that this could be dropped?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">