• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Time in Trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randyl419

My 15 year old son just got arrested on Monday....he was charged as a co-defendant for Felony Auto Theft and driving of...and Felony discharge of a gun into a dwelling (which could be a car or building). While in court this morning they had the other kid and his Mom in court with us....we asked to have him and here be outside.....For the charges my son was in the car, but was a passenger, and the other kid driving fired the gun into the air in an area where there were 2 story buildings....my son did hand him a gun...but he did not fire it....my son has the whole thing on video from his camera.....So what do we do......keep quiet about the video since this is his first offense.....or submit the video and possibly make it worse....and possibly be viewed as a snitch.

quincy

My 15 year old son just got arrested on Monday....he was charged as a co-defendant for Felony Auto Theft and driving of...and Felony discharge of a gun into a dwelling (which could be a car or building). While in court this morning they had the other kid and his Mom in court with us....we asked to have him and here be outside.....For the charges my son was in the car, but was a passenger, and the other kid driving fired the gun into the air in an area where there were 2 story buildings....my son did hand him a gun...but he did not fire it....my son has the whole thing on video from his camera.....So what do we do......keep quiet about the video since this is his first offense.....or submit the video and possibly make it worse....and possibly be viewed as a snitch.
What is the name of your state, Randyl419?

Your son has an attorney, right? If he doesn't, he desperately needs one of his own (not one who represents both parties).

Your son then needs to be honest with his attorney about what happened and rely on his attorney's advice. The attorney might want to view the video, before others view it.

Being "viewed as a snitch" should be the least of your son's worries.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on the OP's concern with being viewed as a "snitch", I think the OP needs to receive from instruction on how to be a parent to a troubled teen.

quincy

Based on the OP's concern with being viewed as a "snitch", I think the OP needs to receive from instruction on how to be a parent to a troubled teen.
You are welcome to provide the instruction, Zigner. My kids are angels. :D

LdiJ

Its time for a reality check dad. A gun charge is very serious even if its the first time your son has gotten in trouble. The fact that you have concerns about snitching means that you need to get your children OUT of the environment that they are in. A video showing your son handing someone a gun is NOT helpful to your son at all.

Do absolutely nothing, say absolutely nothing without an attorney present.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">