• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets i've tried to avoid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksen

What is the name of your state? NC
I've gotten three seperate tickets, 2 in GA and 1 in SC. The 1 in GA i was suppose to appear in court and also the one I got in SC......Well needless to say it's going on 1yr now and I've avoided both. Now I'm trying to get my life back together and get my license straight and narrow. What do I need to do to avoid jail time or should I say what should be my first step?

ksen said:
I've gotten three seperate [speeding] tickets, 2 in GA and 1 in SC. The 1 in GA i was suppose to appear in court and also the one I got in SC......Well needless to say it's going on 1yr now and I've avoided both. Now I'm trying to get my life back together and get my license straight and narrow. What do I need to do to avoid jail time or should I say what should be my first step?
You have not managed to avoid anything, but instead prolonged the agony. When you are issued a summons, generally you are required to appear in court, or plead guilty and pay the fine. If you do not, additional charges and fines are added. As a result your license may have been suspended and warrants may have been issued for your arrest.

To deal with the consequences of you action, or in your case, inaction, you need to contact the Clerk of Courts in each jurisdiction where the tickets were issued and inquire about the outstanding violation. They will inform you what the fine amounts are and if any additional charges were added, and then they will instruct you how to resolve the issue. As long as you have your check book ready you'll be fine. If you continue to 'avoid' the issue you should not be surprised when you attempt renew your driver’s license and learn that your renewal application was rejected.

KTL :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">