• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

200-300 people robbed, kicked out, and sued without reason. Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scrubbyhatter

Hey there, y'all.

I smell insane amounts of wrongdoings here, and we're at a state wherin we don't know how to handle this legally. Please, if anyone spots something we could use, please let me know.

Worlds of Fun... Kansas City, Missouri.

To make a long story short, there was a group of about
200-300 fans of a certain music group that gathered at the park last Saturday... We spent our big money (insane ticket prices) at the front gate... and the second we stepped two feet towards the park, we were kicked out.

We weren't given reasons. And they will never give us one. The reason is because we were different... scrubs... and that's obvious. The main security guy took my hype man and promotions dude for our music company, Andy, and told him to leave and take his "Smut" with him. (The rest of us.)

So they gathered up about 20 security guards and made examples out of us. The rest of my group of about 6 people were
pushed back far into the parking lot, but I stayed far behind to talk to this dude that kicked us out. He had about 10 guards himself. (Mind you, guards, not cops.)

I was calm, complete like I always am. All I needed was an answer or a refund. He said "We don't give refunds and I don't have to answer s***." And kept walking up to me in my face, telling me to leave. Then he told me he'd put me in jail if I
didn't. So I said "All I'm asking for is a reason. I think we're all entitled to that." So he said "Look, I don't feel like fighting an unarmed man today, get out or I'll arrest you." So I said "Man, I know my rights. I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm not even raising my voice to you, all I'm doing is asking a question."
"You may have rights in Wichita, but it don't mean **** here in Kansas City."

"Cuff him, arrest him for trespassing or something."

A park bike security guard swung me around and did it. A security guard, not even attempting to give me miranda or any other rights of any kind.

They sat me in a room, cuffed, asked me all sorts of questions about just about everything while my crew got it even worse.

They were pushing and cramming Tabitha and Shai (Some
of our girl crewmembers) into their cars, cussing at them, treating them like animals. They even whipped out mace. All they wanted to do was get me so they could leave. They were my ride and all. (It is 4 hours back to the cirty we were from)

They started bragging about me, their prime example. "We already got one of your friends, we arrested his a**."

They started calling around trying to get a way to find what jail I was in and how to get me.

Back in the little guard hut I listened to the cbs and how retarded they all were, boasting and everything about kicking us out, calling us names, etc. Then they said to eject anyone wearing the band shirts we had on or anything resembling them, anything related, or anyone with paint on their faces, masks, etc. They
actually had the nerve, we found out later that they did it too, and all without reason or refund. That's 250 + people left without their money and without a reason that they had to go. All were forced out of the park, often physically.

That's terrible. It became obvious that they waited for us to cross the line to get our money and THEN kick us out. That's a lot of money to some scrubs. Even at the biggest discout, that's well over 5 thousand dollars combined.

So the REAL police came, picked me up and took me to jail. WOF threw trespassing charges on me and I barely had enough money to make bail.

The crew came and picked me up and told me what they went through.

So all the misfollowings of law and retardedness, and with about 30-40 witnesses at LEAST that we all know how to get ahold of... hell yeah we're going to the media with this, and we all think it's something that needs to be noticed.

We even got a few reports each of incidents including kicking a group of us about 60 strong out, while the main securty guy I told you about pushed one person down for even asking why they were being chased off. Then he said it was for cussing. Then he admitted it wasn't cussing, he just associated him with people who cuss.

And another incident where they placed a few yound kids in our groups (10-11) into a guard hut for four hours until the park closed WITHOUT trying to contact their parents, who were worried to death... and when the park closed, they took them out by the highway and said that was their choice... the highway or Juvenile hall.

We still had a great time in KC though.... We met lots of new people and crews, hung around at some big places and basically bonded even tighter.

My question is what are the rights of simple, unarmed, rent-a-bicycle security... can they just arrest me on point like that?

Can they arrest me for trespass when I paid and didn't even set foot in the park, and pressed the charges on me when they cuffed me in the parking lot on the way out?

Could they use physical force like that to people that weren't exhibiting force at them in the first place?

Someone please help!

Eli Simpson
MadHatter of Scrub Club Records

S

scrubbyhatter

Well...

Not quite. Haha...

But it's not the band here, it's what was done to us and what we should do.

Hatter

C

Calie

Although that was an interesting experience for you and the crew, the only thing I can add is that "Security Guards" do not read any one their rights. If they need the police they get them.

S

scrubbyhatter

Okay...

So do they have the right to immediately put someone under arrest, detain them in a room and ask them questions before the actual police arrives?

Hatter

C

Calie

Yes they do. They can detain you, but they cannot arrest you.

S

scrubbyhatter

Alright.

Well, like I said in my original post, the park security guard cuffed and arrested me.

Also, are they allowed to use violent methods against people that have not lashed out or have done anything threatening?

Hatter

C

Calie

Have you contacted the police to make a report ?, and if so what was did they say? I think that is your bottom line answer.

S

scrubbyhatter

Well...

Like I said in my post, they sat me there cuffed for about 15 or 20 minutes in the little guard post until a real cop came. Then the real cop took me to the jail.

So I figured they would already know the guard had arrested me...

Is there a site somewhere where I could read the correct process?

Hatter

JETX

The following quote is from YOUR own website:
"The MadHatter's back... Ain't much changed... I used to be a puppet, but i cut my strings... Ghetto as hell... Is what i'm like... Still cuttin tracks with a six dollar mic... I got on stage... Did some shows... I gave love to everyone in the front rows... My style's the same... I still get wicked... You tell me that I suck and I'll tell you where to stick it... Y'all don't know... About the Midwest... We leave rednecks with an axe in their chest... I do it for the love... Not for the money... Keep making fun of me, cause I think that **** is funny... You can't hurt me... I'll never switch... The MadHatter's back in this bitch."

Simply, with those statements alone, plus the FACT that the concert was clearly someone you had an issue with ("they said to eject anyone wearing the band shirts we had on or anything resembling them, anything related"), the guards were probably within their right to bar your attendence. It also sounds like you got a small dose of the type of chaos you were intending to cause the other band(s).

That does not mean that your 'issue' was handled properly. At this point, your options are:
1) Go to the police (you remember them, right? From some of the lyrics to your songs, you probably know them REAL well!) and see if they will accept false arrest and/or assault charges.
2) Go to the local courthouse and file a small claims action to try to recover the cost of the tickets.

And a little advice.... try not to wear all that 'screw society' crap and facepaint when you go to the police station. You will have a lot more 'credibility' if you appear 'normal'.

Other than that.... with the lyrics and screw everyone attitude your little 'club' has.... who cares what happens???

If anyone else wants to see what this "band" stands for, they can go to:
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/MadHatter__TENSIX/index-1.html

S

scrubbyhatter

Okay dude... enough.

Okay, first off... this is legal advice, not a music review. My music has abseloutely nothing to do with this entire thing.

There WAS no concert or "other artists." I have no idea what you're talking about. This was a theme park. Read my post: P-A-R-K.

As I said before, there were no "bands." It was an underground music meetup basically, just people hanging out. So no, they had no right to "bar us" just because we ourselves were in a band. Also note in the post that we had not done anything to them, including what you made up with the word "chaos." Everyone was cool, calm, and collected.

And what's with the "From the lyrics of your songs, you probably know them REAL well!!!" supposed to mean? You're obviousely uneducated not only about my music, but also the scene I represent. My music deals with mentals, politicals, and some other things it seems your mind would never understand.

This is the first encounter I've had with being arrested in my entire life.

To be blunt, I consider you a jackass for judging me so quickly.

I don't have a "Screw society" attitude going on, it's a "Screw *******s" attitude. And the fact that I paint up on stage is a detail so far from the subject that it shows how truly closed-minded you are about things. you probably don't even know why I do it. Maybe if you would read everything on the site before you pass judgement, you could get it.

So yeah, Mr. Critic, I'll at least thank you for your legal advice, which is what this board is supposed to be used for. However, it's people like you that are the reason we were mistreated in the first place, always judging books by their cover.

Oh, and thanks for all the hits by posting my site and audio page again. :) The crew thanks you.

Hatter

JETX

Of course, you're welcome. But I doubt that any of those 'visitors' will be buying anything you are selling.

But, lets return to your 'problem' for a minute.....

Your subject line says, "200-300 people robbed, kicked out, and sued without reason. Discrimination?"
*** If this was TRULY 200-300 people that were mistreated as you claim, I would certainly assume that the local print or television media would be jumping all over the 'story', wouldn't you?? So, where is it?? How about providing ONE link to any media site showing ANYTHING about this 200-300 people.

I assumed (my error) from the information in your first post that this must have been some type of music venue.... since you said "there was a group of about 200-300 fans of a certain music group that gathered at the park last Saturday". And since I don't live in Kansas, I was not aware that "Worlds of Fun" was a local theme park (partly since you didn't say). And now with that fact, they (the private business owner) has the right to exclude anyone that he wants, as long as it was not done based on any of the 'protected' classifications (age, disability, etc.). I would assume from your website (and lyrics) that you were not the 'wholesome family-type folks' that they welcome to their park. And as such, they are within their rights to bar your entry. However, if they do that, they certainly are obligated to refund the admission fees.

"Worlds of Fun is a family oriented amusement park and appropriate dress is required at all times. Shirts and shoes are required at all times. Graphics and language on clothing must be acceptable while in the park. Bathing suits are not allowed at Worlds of Fun."

Son of Slam

Re: Okay dude... enough.

scrubbyhatter said:
Okay, first off... this is legal advice, not a music review. My music has abseloutely nothing to do with this entire thing.

Oh, and thanks for all the hits by posting my site and audio page again. :) The crew thanks you.

Hatter

Played two of your "songs", Fake and Headache. After hearing them and seeing your name "Madhatter" one word will do. Lame.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

What is a scrub? I've only heard it referenced in a TLC song but it doesn't seem to fit here.

And why do you want to kill rednecks with an axe?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">