• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

25620(a) open container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nospin911

What is the name of your state? California

Last night I was walking down the street and I happened to cut through behind a building as I was attemping to be stupid and jump out and scare my friend. While I was sneaking behind the building I almost tripped over an open bottle of beer. Not thinking, I picked the bottle up and started to walk back out to the street to throw the bottle away (my thinking being that someone was going to trip on it and break glass everywhere).

Anyways, so I come walking out and as soon as I look up a police car is parked right in front of me and the police get out and cite me for 25620(a) B&P Open Container.

I'm not so much worried about the fine as they said it would be about $100. I'm worried about this going on my record and the military finding out and possibly kicking me out. They did finger print me (well just my right thumb onto the back of the citation). And the misdemeanor box is checked on the citation as well.

My questions are: 1. What's going to happen to my record and should I be worried about it and 2. Is it possible to fight such a ticket and win?

CdwJava

nospin911 said:
While I was sneaking behind the building I almost tripped over an open bottle of beer. Not thinking, I picked the bottle up and started to walk back out to the street to throw the bottle away (my thinking being that someone was going to trip on it and break glass everywhere).
Oh, COME ON!!! :rolleyes:

That's almost as good as the one I hear from people holding a bindle of meth when they claim to have seen the paper on the street and picked it up and put it in their pocket until they found a waste basket (ignoring the other garbage all around them)!

How many other items of trash did you pick up? And how often have you actually tripped over a bottle of beer?

Anyways, so I come walking out and as soon as I look up a police car is parked right in front of me and the police get out and cite me for 25620(a) B&P Open Container.
You were holding an open container of beer ... the citation was appropriate. I bet they failed to buy the story either.

I'm worried about this going on my record and the military finding out and possibly kicking me out.
If they would kick you out for a speeding ticket, then you can worry. This is generally treated a little less seriously than that.

My questions are: 1. What's going to happen to my record and should I be worried about it and 2. Is it possible to fight such a ticket and win?
No ... and ... Not likely.

- Carl

nospin911

So, would you say the best thing to do is just pay the fine and forget about it? Does this go into any kind of FBI database or anything like that and would it be in my best interest to just tell the military about the citation or to just ignore it? Sorry for the continuing questons..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">